+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Stock Watch - Post 2012 Combine

NFL Draft Stock Watch - Post 2012 Combine

Hey Guys,

Now that the Giants are Super Bowl Champs I am totally focused on the #32 pick in April's draft. I am still hoping UNC linebacker Zack Brown is available.

Anyway the guys at www.sportsmasher.com released their NFL Draft Post Combine stock watch today. It is a really good read and highlights some of the prospects we will be looking at with the #32 pick. Check it out.

http://sportsmasher.com/?p=206

Re: NFL Draft Stock Watch - Post 2012 Combine

I en joyed the link thank you. Their are a ton of diff. Scenarios that could play out. The combine could have helped us as guys who displayed amazing first round talent struggled. Guys like kendall wright, who seemed to be way out of our picks range, could very well be there at 32. He strikes me as a perfect replacement to mm, and he def plays much much faster than his 40 time.

The guard from iowa I believe, the dt from penn, the center, all the guys with 1rst round talent who could fall to the 3rd round...I have a feeling this draft could be one of reeses best. So many diff ways we could go to improving our team, I honestly don't have any concrete clue as to which position we target first...im hoping its fleener as he'd solve a couple of our issues: te and the production mm gave us

[quote user="giantsfan420"]I en joyed the link thank you. Their are a ton of diff. Scenarios that could play out. The combine could have helped us as guys who displayed amazing first round talent struggled. Guys like kendall wright, who seemed to be way out of our picks range, could very well be there at 32. He strikes me as a perfect replacement to mm, and he def plays much much faster than his 40 time.

The guard from iowa I believe, the dt from penn, the center, all the guys with 1rst round talent who could fall to the 3rd round...I have a feeling this draft could be one of reeses best. So many diff ways we could go to improving our team, I honestly don't have any concrete clue as to which position we target first...im hoping its fleener as he'd solve a couple of our issues: te and the production mm gave us[/quote]
    +1. I've got a good feeling about this draft. I really don't expect them to go LB or TE with the 1st pick, however -- it's just not how the Giants roll. It'll probably be BPA out of o-line (that would surprise me as well because we haven't drafted o-line in a long time), d-line, secondary, or WR.

[quote user="BeastGiant9"]Hey Guys,

Now that the Giants are Super Bowl Champs I am totally focused on the #32 pick in April's draft. I am still hoping UNC linebacker Zack Brown is available. [/quote]

Clearly youve watched a ton of him, considering you cant even spell his name correctly.

And no thanks, dont care how fast he runs, he gets lost in coverage and he is quite possibly the least physical LB in the entire draft.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="BeastGiant9"]Hey Guys,

Now that the Giants are Super Bowl Champs I am totally focused on the #32 pick in April's draft. I am still hoping UNC linebacker Zack Brown is available. [/quote]

Clearly youve watched a ton of him, considering you cant even spell his name correctly.

And no thanks, dont care how fast he runs, he gets lost in coverage and he is quite possibly the least physical LB in the entire draft.[/quote]

Slip knows everything, just ask him.

Brown is an intriguing prospect. If washington gets rg3, maybe browns relevance would go up bc we could need an olb able to contain him and vick type qbs, but we have jwill already so I dunno. Last season it seemed like everyone believed we needed a lb round 1, now it doesn't seem nearly as important.

Plus, their should be lbs of browns ability in latter rounds

I think the Combine did a couple of things for the Giants:

1) Cemented the fact that Burfict is a waste of a pick (at any round).

2) Dwayne Allen won't be their first pick (and quite possibly their first pick won't be a TE at all). Egenew in the 4th or 5th is almost a lock in my mind.

3) Put Dontari Poe to the top of their possibles (I don't think he's there when the Giants pick at #32 though).

I don't think the Giants go with LBer in the first round and quite possibly don't draft a LBer at all (depending on compensetory picks) this year.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

---------

[quote user="Kruunch"]I think the Combine did a couple of things for the Giants:

2) Dwayne Allen won't be their first pick (and quite possibly their first pick won't be a TE at all). Egenew in the 4th or 5th is almost a lock in my mind.

3) Put Dontari Poe to the top of their possibles (I don't think he's there when the Giants pick at #32 though).

I don't think the Giants go with LBer in the first round and quite possibly don't draft a LBer at all (depending on compensetory picks) this year.[/quote]
    Poe will be far gone by the time we pick and he will be a nose Tackle in this league.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"]I think the Combine did a couple of things for the Giants:

I don't think the Giants go with LBer in the first round and quite possibly don't draft a LBer at all (depending on compensetory picks) this year.[/quote]
    Poe will be far gone by the time we pick and he will be a nose Tackle in this league.

[/quote]

Yeah I think so too. I was hoping his mediocre game tapes might let him slide to us but after the Combine, no way.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

One of the biggest winners for me was mychal kendricks. IMO he moved himself in to the #2 ILB spot and solid 2nd round pick

+ Reply to Thread