+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Why do you guys think you know better about player injuries?

I have to laugh when I see so many posters second guessing the Giants' resigning players coming back from injury.

Obviously we're checking these guys out medically. The Giants' FO is not stupid and they didn't start doing this yesterday. They have a lot more information than we do, which is basically none.

I'm all for playing armchair GM, I'm as bad as anyone on here...but face it, in this case there's nothing we can do but hope they know what's best.

Re: Why do you guys think you know better about player injuries?

Hey come on, this board knows the team's problems can be solved by signing Mike Wallace and cutting Canty and replacing him with Mario Williams. Oh, and Manningham is an average receiver who produced well as a #1 wr in 2010 but still can't play #1. If it knows all that then of course it can project how well a player is going to be following a season-ending injury.

Players with a big medical questions get less guaranteed money, if any.

They can still be cut at any point prior to or early in the season for minimal loss. I do not know if this thread was made with TT or Hixon in mind, or just a statement in general.

But, T2's 2nd tear to that knee was a bit less severe than a Hixon/ Sintim because Hixon at least had some years between them. The leg was injured,grew strong and healed then reinjured. Hixon and Sintim are looking at 2 tears in 2 years. I wish em the best, but its not gonna be easy and whatever contract they sign(if they do) will reflect the risk and make it possible to release them if it looks like they cannot contribute enough.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I have to laugh when I see so many posters second guessing the Giants' resigning players coming back from injury.

Obviously we're checking these guys out medically. The Giants' FO is not stupid and they didn't start doing this yesterday. They have a lot more information than we do, which is basically none.

I'm all for playing armchair GM, I'm as bad as anyone on here...but face it, in this case there's nothing we can do but hope they know what's best.[/quote]

i think our fo is great.

but when talking about injuries i know from my own experiences and i do realize i don't have the same doctors as the players. but i would never take a chance on resigning a player with a knee injury. the medical science isnt there yet

they may get back to full speed which i did but it becomes way easier to tear again which is almost a certainty in the nfl with the pads and speed hits etc.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I have to laugh when I see so many posters second guessing the Giants' resigning players coming back from injury.

I'm all for playing armchair GM, I'm as bad as anyone on here...but face it, in this case there's nothing we can do but hope they know what's best.[/quote]

But our medical staff blew it with Steve Smith! The Eagles were smarter, they knew something we didn't!

You don't think you'll recover from that paper cut?

Interesting.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Why do I think I know better about player injuries?

Duh..It's the internet...we are all experts on everything all the time.

Oh..were all Navy Seals or cage fighters as well, if it comes up
    This space for rent

I think our front office is great and everything but...I mean we did try to sign Steve Smith which would have been a catastrophy assuming he wound up playing.

As that would have set a chain of events in motion that might have altered Cruz's chance to get playing time and you know how the rest of that story would go.

And then there was the Keith Bulluck signing

And the Lavar Arrington signing.

So its not like the front office hasn't screwed up by signing players who USED to be good
    but were shells of themselves after the injury.

I don't think t2 should be offered a deal unless its ridiculously cheap.

Same with Hixon

Same with Goff.

These guys are damanged goods.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

never doubted that SS wasn't ready to go. He was a very good receiver for the Giants. Why would they lie about his "readiness". I also don't jump on the "the Giants training staff sucks" bandwagon.

Just like every other message board there are experts at every turn also a large amount of ignorance as well.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="burier"][quote user="jhamburg"]I have to laugh when I see so many posters second guessing the Giants' resigning players coming back from injury.

I think our front office is great and everything but...I mean we did try to sign Steve Smith which would have been a catastrophy assuming he wound up playing.

As that would have set a chain of events in motion that might have altered Cruz's chance to get playing time and you know how the rest of that story would go.

And then there was the Keith Bulluck signing

And the Lavar Arrington signing.

So its not like the front office hasn't screwed up by signing players who USED to be good
    but were shells of themselves after the injury.

I don't think t2 should be offered a deal unless its ridiculously cheap.

Same with Hixon

Same with Goff.

These guys are damanged goods.[/quote]

So a guy we didn't even sign, a guy we gave a 1 year deal to, and a guy we signed like 8 years ago? That's the evidence of our ineptitude with evaluating player injuries?

I think we've done pretty well as of late. We let concussion machine Boss go which most here did not agree with, and signed Kiwi which paid off huge for us at a relatively low price.