+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

just something to think about going forward

[link]http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jerrel-jernigan?id=2495179[/link]
    [link]http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ramses-barden?id=71195[/link]
    [link]http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/devin-thomas?id=1036[/link]

just something to look at going forward... yeah its just numbers and analyst jargon but there are some alarming truths to what is said and what we see or lack there of.

draft a receiver or FA one who knows, but i definitely feel one needs to come in somehow outside of the current group. Hixon needs to show all of us he can run 4.39 -4.48 which were his pro day averages and how fluid he is in his cuts; before we feel comfortable with our receiver position.

for anyone that just sits there and say ahhh we have cruz and nicks, who needs a good #3 smfh... here read this crazies...[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_%28American_football%29[/link]

okay if your smart you didn't go to that link. we need someone that is interchangeable in the XYZ positions, a big bodied, speed demon, thats not scared to take a hit and can separate or get off the jam quicky would be perfect for this role guys like Streeter and Hill come to mind, the intangibles will come with time but raw talent is rare and these guys are that.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: just something to think about going forward

Ramses Barden will start this year, there is no way Jerrel Jernigan or Devin Thomas beat him out the position. Even when Ramses was put in the game he showed some flashes of play making ability remember last year before he got hurt I think it was the Dallas game he started coming together before the injury. Jerrel Jernigan will only be a special teams player the style of play from Troy I can tell he wasn't a good fit for the Giants in the beginning.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]Ramses Barden will start this year, there is no way Jerrel Jernigan or Devin Thomas beat him out the position. Even when Ramses was put in the game he showed some flashes of play making ability remember last year before he got hurt I think it was the Dallas game he started coming together before the injury. Jerrel Jernigan will only be a special teams player the style of play from Troy I can tell he wasn't a good fit for the Giants in the beginning.[/quote]

I disagree. Ramses will get his hsot but he will ut this season before it starts. IMO....he is soft. He wont battle for the ball and there is no way he will go across the middle and give it up. I may be wrong but its how I feel. Jernigan....I have no idea. For some reason he looks lost out there. (granted his time as WR was minimal)Hopefully another year will make a big dif. I can't figure out why Devin Thomas cant emerge as a lgit threat. He has all the physical tools needed. Its got to be that he just doesn't work hard enough to max his potential. Hixon.....cant see him lasting. I feel bad for the kid but 2 ACLs.....that knee wont take much anymore.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm all for a scary set of receivers but I wouldn't worry about finding one until the later rounds. Unless they are extremely intelligent, receivers don't tend to grasp the Giants system in their first year. That's why I think we should go with a developmental prospect that can sit back and learn/read the playbook.

Even then, what the Giants have in receiving and pass rushing ability is more of a luxury than a requirement. Not many winning teams have 3 players in defensive ends or wide receivers that can just own any sunday potentially.

I'm just going to trust the front office this year. I've embarrassed myself enough by complaining about the drafting of JPP and the release of Steve Smith hah. They know what they're doing.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm all for a scary set of receivers but I wouldn't worry about finding one until the later rounds. Unless they are extremely intelligent, receivers don't tend to grasp the Giants system in their first year. That's why I think we should go with a developmental prospect that can sit back and learn/read the playbook.

Even then, what the Giants have in receiving and pass rushing ability is more of a luxury than a requirement. Not many winning teams have 3 players in defensive ends or wide receivers that can just own any sunday potentially.[/quote]

whats a good round for you to select a receiver, i think the combination of a deep FA WR list and a deep list of draftable WRs is going to play into our favor somehow.

i just don't feel comfortable with what we have going in.... couple that with eli being able to carry the team on his back why not give him more weapons of talent; wether that comes in the form of another RB WR or TE.

We were fortunate nick wasn't serverly injured this year, and i might be exxagerating but i'm not confident in barden, jerrnigan or thomas. i'll eat my crow and i hope i do but i think 3rd round or even 2nd should be a spot for WR based on the outcome of whats there BPA for any position.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm all for a scary set of receivers but I wouldn't worry about finding one until the later rounds. Unless they are extremely intelligent, receivers don't tend to grasp the Giants system in their first year. That's why I think we should go with a developmental prospect that can sit back and learn/read the playbook.

Even then, what the Giants have in receiving and pass rushing ability is more of a luxury than a requirement. Not many winning teams have 3 players in defensive ends or wide receivers that can just own any sunday potentially.[/quote]

whats a good round for you to select a receiver, i think the combination of a deep FA WR list and a deep list of draftable WRs is going to play into our favor somehow.

i just don't feel comfortable with what we have going in.... couple that with eli being able to carry the team on his back why not give him more weapons of talent; wether that comes in the form of another RB WR or TE.

We were fortunate nick wasn't serverly injured this year, and i might be exxagerating but i'm not confident in barden, jerrnigan or thomas. i'll eat my crow and i hope i do but i think 3rd round or even 2nd should be a spot for WR based on the outcome of whats there BPA for any position.[/quote]Probably 4-7 but if a WR is available who is leaps and bounds the BPA, I'd be ok with the selection.

What you're saying makes complete sense but I think that the Tackle position is far worse in this regard and needs more attention. Diehl and Kmac were absolute poop this year playing and we were EXTREMELY fortunate that Eli wasn't injured. Can we really afford to have those two play again next year? Can Beatty stay uninjured? Will Brewer pan out?

Eli can make his receivers look better than they really are but not so much for his offensive line and its blocking.