+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Per Walter's football mock.......

Re: Per Walter's football mock.......

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it,* but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

Is there any draftable player that fits that mold?

[/quote]

Rainey and LaMichael James.

I think both of these 2 are a little underrated right now.
    [/quote]

+1

Mostly due to size (wonder how often we have to see these undersized RBs break out in the NFL before it stops detracting from them?)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="critters"]I see about a 0% chance of 5 quarterbacks going in the first round.
    [/quote]

Oh?

4 went in the top 12 last year, and that wasn't a spectacular QB class.

The Dolphins, Browns, Seahawks, and Redskins NEED a qb. The Chiefs, Bucs, Jets, and Broncos could also be considering an upgrade at QB.

Also, I wouldn't rule out the eagles taking Weeden early, because if they don't realize by now that you need a starting-quality backup to Vick, then they're dumber than I've given them credit for. (Also, I wouldn't rule out the 'boys from looking at a QB too)

If this past season has proved anything, its that if your team doesn't have a QB that can get it done, you're not going anywhere.
    [/quote]

Well then that's 4 less teams that need qbs. this year I wouldn't be surprised to see teams take qbs early, just not 5 in the first round. DEFINITELY don't see the Cowboys taking a qb in the first round.

[quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it, but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

[/quote]

Is Davin Meggett close enough?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote] Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion... Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1. Kendall Reyes DT Uconn- Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st- Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

4. Vick Ballard RB Miss ST- Underrated Back, has power and burst..

[quote user="wideright91"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it, but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

[/quote]

[/quote] Davin Meggett is one of my biggest sleeper RB's per my personal rankings

Veteran

[quote user="wideright91"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it, but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Except Davin Meggett is about twice as big as his father...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote]* Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion...* Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1.** Kendall Reyes DT Uconn-* Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2.* Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB* in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...*A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st-* Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it,* but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

Mostly due to size (wonder how often we have to see these undersized RBs break out in the NFL before it stops detracting from them?)[/quote]How many Sub 200 pound Running Backs were in the Top 40 in rushing this season?

2, Darren Sproles and Chris Johnson thats why they arent valued the same

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote] Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion... Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1. Kendall Reyes DT Uconn- Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st- Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL[/quote] I thought the Line really stepped up over the course of the 2nd half and postseason.. Beatty is decent, and will be healthy, and Petrus showed some signes, and boothe was solid.. Plus, i like James Brewer, as u know, at least did as a prospect, so i'm still holding onto the belief hes got something to offer as well... I can see where it possible for us to not draft oline, but its unlikely i will admit, as far as the first 4rds..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it,* but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

Mostly due to size (wonder how often we have to see these undersized RBs break out in the NFL before it stops detracting from them?)[/quote]How many Sub 200 pound Running Backs were in the Top 40 in rushing this season?

2, Darren Sproles and Chris Johnson thats why they arent valued the same[/quote]

Forget top 40 ... 3 of the top 5 rushers this year were under 6' and hover around 200 lbs (Rice, Jones-Drew, McCoy).

You also forgot Gore and Tate (and that's just the top 20).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread