Hybrid View

Per Walter's football mock.......

They have our Giants taking

Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech

Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech

Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH

Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Re: Per Walter's football mock.......

[quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright.

These r some guys who I think are more likely
    in the first
    Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    Mark Barron S Alabama
    Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Kendall Reyes DT Uconn
    Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Going off there draft board i would of selected

1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
    3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State
    4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with

If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so.
    Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright.[/quote]

+1

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

Didn't Mayock say there was only 1 RB that would be take in the 1st? Did something change at the combine?

[quote user="buddy33"]Didn't Mayock say there was only 1 RB that would be take in the 1st? Did something change at the combine?[/quote]

Yeah Trent Richardson is the only RB that has a first round grade right now.

Wilson is rated around pick #40 so if we were going to reach for a RB then it would have to be with our first (and not really a reach). I just don't see the Giants going that high for a RB that isn't a slam dunk (in their minds).

Wilson is a one dimensional back ... good north-south runner, but not much of a blocker and doesn't catch out of the backfield.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="buddy33"]Didn't Mayock say there was only 1 RB that would be take in the 1st? Did something change at the combine?[/quote] Well it is pick 32 but I like Miller and Martin better anyway. Im not taking a RB in the expert mock unless Im moving down.

All-Pro

What about the Safety from Alabama? Couldn't watch any combine yesterday and didn't have time to read up on the event yesterday. Wasn't there mention that he could slip to a late 1st round pick?

Veteran

In other news, Sideline Scouting has their 7-round mock up:
    1) Zach Brown (OLB, UNC)
    2) Joe Adams (WR, Arkansas)
    3) Mychal Kendricks (MLB, California)
    4) Taureen Poole (RB, Tennessee)
    5) James Brown (OG, Troy)
    6) Marcel Jones (RT- Nebraska)

My thoughts: Solid draft. I wouldn't mind that in the least. It adds a TON of speed to the LB corp, particularly with JWIll and Boley already there. Likewise, I really like Brown and Jones in the 5th and 6th. Mayock has Brown as a possible second rounder, so that is definitely a Reese pick (smaller school, overlooked, but solid O-lineman, with LONG arms, at tremendous value).

I'm not crazy about the Adams and Poole picks. IMO, Adams is too small/slight to be a Giants draft pick, particularly a high pick when George Iloka and Chandler Jones are still on the board. Poole is a decent back, but just a bit too vanilla for me to get overly excited about.

And Marcel is worth getting simply because he reminds me of Julius from Pulp Fiction.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright.

These r some guys who I think are more likely
    in the first
    Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    Mark Barron S Alabama
    Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Kendall Reyes DT Uconn
    Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Going off there draft board i would of selected

1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
    3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State
    4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with

If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so.
    Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote]Yeah keep us posted redeye!

I like Gilmore, Reyes and Fleener as well. I would not be surprised if the Giants took a DE or DT at 32 if they are the BPA at that pick.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote] Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion... Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1. Kendall Reyes DT Uconn- Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st- Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

4. Vick Ballard RB Miss ST- Underrated Back, has power and burst..