+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Walter's football mock.......

Re: Per Walter's football mock.......

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech

Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech

Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH

Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright.

These r some guys who I think are more likely
    in the first
    Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    Mark Barron S Alabama
    Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Kendall Reyes DT Uconn
    Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Going off there draft board i would of selected

1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
    3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State
    4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with

If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so.
    Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote]Yeah keep us posted redeye!

I like Gilmore, Reyes and Fleener as well. I would not be surprised if the Giants took a DE or DT at 32 if they are the BPA at that pick.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="Kruunch"]

If Coby Fleener kills his Pro Day, he might still be a top pick for our first. He did the bench at the combine (pronged ankle stopped him from doing other drills) and tied for first among TEs with Dwayne Allen (bolstering the question of whether he was strong enough to play at the next level).[/quote]

Actuallly, he tied for 2nd with Allen behind Charles. But, it was still good strength. However, the question about Fleener has always surrounded his lower body strength, not upper body. If you watch clips of him blocking he engages but cant sustain blocks, which is all about your base.

[quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]

Watching the combine, I was intereted in the comments made by Lombardi. He was talking about Al Davis, and how certain teams always draft a certain way. 1st out of his mouth was "when I think about the Giants draft I think Size-Speed. "

I do not think this mock follows that model.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"]

If Coby Fleener kills his Pro Day, he might still be a top pick for our first. He did the bench at the combine (pronged ankle stopped him from doing other drills) and tied for first among TEs with Dwayne Allen (bolstering the question of whether he was strong enough to play at the next level).[/quote]

Actuallly, he tied for 2nd with Allen behind Charles. But, it was still good strength.* However, the question about Fleener has always surrounded his lower body strength, not upper body. If you watch clips of him blocking he engages but cant sustain blocks, which is all about your base.

[/quote]

Oops yeah you're right. But the bench showed upside for Fleener (strength was a question mark going in).

I agree he needs some weight ... but his frame certainly can accomodate it so I don't see that as a stumbling block.

But if he doesn't raise eyebrows at his Pro Day, the Giants may pass on him in the first.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?
    Not happening !!!!!!
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?
    Not happening !!!!!![/quote]

Especially David Wilson.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?

Especially David Wilson.[/quote]

Honestly I don't have a true or real feeling this year of what the Giants will draft in the 1st , especially at 32, but heck I can live with that ( drafting last every year ).
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?

Honestly I don't have a true or real feeling this year of what the Giants will draft in the 1st , especially at 32, but heck I can live with that ( drafting last every year ).[/quote]

I think the Giants are in a position to play "catcher" for anything that falls to us.

If one of the following falls I think there is a good chance you'll see us pick one of these with our first:

1) Dontari Poe
    2) Whitney Mercillus
    3) Mike Adams
    4) Cordy Glenn
    5) Mark Barron

These are possibles I could see falling depending on those who would take them ahead of us going in different directions (i.e. the Texans/Steelers decide they want a CB and don't take Dontari Poe).

Past that, if everything falls the way it's "supposed" to, I could see the Giants going:

1) Coby Fleener
    2) Mohamed Sanu
    3) Donta Hightower (just because he's on EVERYONE'S mock)
    4) Stephen Hill (if they buy into the 40 hype along with the rest of the chuckle heads)
    5) Andre Branch

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking

I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]

Watching the combine, I was intereted in the comments made by Lombardi. He was talking about Al Davis, and how certain teams always draft a certain way. 1st out of his mouth was "when I think about the Giants draft I think Size-Speed. "

I do not think this mock follows that model.

[/quote]yeah blue santa, I do not take Walter's mocks too serious. I know they just update their's weekly. I get a chuckle out of some of their comments on why a particular team needs to do this or do that.

There are some sites that have some outrageous picks in the 1st rd. But hey, to each is own. A lot of people will have differing opinions.

And I did catch a little bit of what Lombardi said about how teams draft certain ways. The Raiders were always known to go after the "fast" guys. It will be interesting to see how they draft this year with the new regime in there.
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?

Honestly I don't have a true or real feeling this year of what the Giants will draft in the 1st , especially at 32, but heck I can live with that ( drafting last every year ).[/quote]

I think the Giants are in a position to play "catcher" for anything that falls to us.

If one of the following falls I think there is a good chance you'll see us pick one of these with our first:

1) Dontari Poe
    2) Whitney Mercillus
    3) Mike Adams
    4) Cordy Glenn
    5) Mark Barron

These are possibles I could see falling depending on those who would take them ahead of us going in different directions (i.e. the Texans/Steelers decide they want a CB and don't take Dontari Poe).

Past that, if everything falls the way it's "supposed" to, I could see the Giants going:

1) Coby Fleener
    2) Mohamed Sanu
    3) Donta Hightower (just because he's on EVERYONE'S mock)
    4) Stephen Hill (if they buy into the 40 hype along with the rest of the chuckle heads)
    5) Andre Branch[/quote]If we had a chance for Glenn, Poe or Mercilus at 32, I would be extremely happy!

I know reese likes to go BPA, but one need is our O-line and our strength is our front 4., our pass rush.

But depending on what other teams do, like you said, who knows who will be there at 32 and who is on Reese's board at that point.
    -Vince Lombardi

+ Reply to Thread