+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Per Walter's football mock.......

Re: Per Walter's football mock.......

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote]* Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion...* Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1.** Kendall Reyes DT Uconn-* Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2.* Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB* in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...*A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st-* Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

4. Vick Ballard RB Miss ST- Underrated Back, has power and burst..

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean ... Eli being one of the least sacked QBs and the Giants having a Top 10 offense and all

But yeah I think we need a high Oline pick, for RT if nothing else.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote] Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion... Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1. Kendall Reyes DT Uconn- Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st- Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean ... Eli being one of the least sacked QBs and the Giants having a Top 10 offense and all

But yeah I think we need a high Oline pick, for RT if nothing else.[/quote]

OT would be my first choice in the draft, but my understanding is there is unlikely to be good value at pick 32? I wouldn't mind the Giants trading up this year for a solid OT if there's one projecting only a handful of picks ahead of us.

[quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote]* Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion...* Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1.** Kendall Reyes DT Uconn-* Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2.* Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB* in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...*A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st-* Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

But yeah I think we need a high Oline pick, for RT if nothing else.[/quote]

OT would be my first choice in the draft, but my understanding is there is unlikely to be good value at pick 32?* I wouldn't mind the Giants trading up this year for a solid OT if there's one projecting only a handful of picks ahead of us.
    [/quote]

Mike Adams would be a solid pick at OT in the first .

But if they have someone like Brandon Mosely graded anywhere near as high as Adams, then they'll wait until the 3rd for their OT (and so on).

So the question is not who is around in the first ... but how much of a higher grade that player has over the next guy in the same position.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]They have our Giants taking Rd 1 David Wilson, RB, Va Tech Rd 2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech Rd 3 Brandon Brooks, G Miami, OH Rd 4 Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php I don't know much about that Brandon Brooks, but I wouldn't be too upset with those picks.[/quote]Im the Giants GM for a 7 Round expert mock on Friday. The only value I like there is Jarius Wright. These r some guys who I think are more likely in the first Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Mark Barron S Alabama Rueben Randle WR LSU Kendall Reyes DT Uconn Coby Fleener TE Stanford Going off there draft board i would of selected 1. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina 2. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 3. Matt Mccants OT UAB or George illoka S Boise State 4. Jarius Wright WR Ark -im fine with If Im faced with that board I will try to move down some. I see Tannehill still on the board I can probably shop the pick and move down to 40 or so. Before I pick on Friday I will show U guys the board and see if u want to throw up some suggestions[/quote] Ya, i'm not a fan of Walts 4rd mock for us either.. I seen that this morning, and noticed more value in my opinion... Going by his board, i'd of selected like this...

1. Kendall Reyes DT Uconn- Him and Fletcher Cox have eerily similar styles, and i'm a huge Fletcher Cox guy.. Also, Cantys older, and Bernards a FA, and Marvin Austin is still a unknown, missing past 2seasons with injury and suspension.. Reyes has big upside..

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- U know how much i like Hayward.. I've been a huge fan of his most of the season, and think he desrves consideration for late 1st/ early 2nd.. I actually have Hayward ranked as teh 2nd best CB in this draft, ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick...A ballhawk , whos willing and able to play the run, and has great instincts... Sign me up...

3. Brian Quick WR App st- Big WR, who i think would fit well with Cruz and Nicks.. He would give us that Possesion WR/ Can get deep on occasion WR that we lost with Plax... Quicks hands are very reliable..

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL[/quote] Yeah I know what you mean ... Eli being one of the least sacked QBs and the Giants having a Top 10 offense and all But yeah I think we need a high Oline pick, for RT if nothing else.[/quote]

OT would be my first choice in the draft, but my understanding is there is unlikely to be good value at pick 32? I wouldn't mind the Giants trading up this year for a solid OT if there's one projecting only a handful of picks ahead of us.
    [/quote] Mike Adams would be a solid pick at OT in the first . But if they have someone like Brandon Mosely graded anywhere near as high as Adams, then they'll wait until the 3rd for their OT (and so on). So the question is not who is around in the first ... but how much of a higher grade that player has over the next guy in the same position.[/quote] I'd have no problem if the giants were to trade up a handful of picks for either Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams... I think Either would be a nice upgrade, and give us a bit of a infusion of youth as well.. Not to mention, we'd still be able to keep our 2nd, probably have to give up our 3rd rder...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[/quote]I like all those players but the O Line to me is just putrid.Every player on the line save for Snee is one of the worst starters in the NFL[/quote] Yeah I know what you mean ... Eli being one of the least sacked QBs and the Giants having a Top 10 offense and all But yeah I think we need a high Oline pick, for RT if nothing else.[/quote]

OT would be my first choice in the draft, but my understanding is there is unlikely to be good value at pick 32?* I wouldn't mind the Giants trading up this year for a solid OT if there's one projecting only a handful of picks ahead of us.
    [/quote] Mike Adams would be a solid pick at OT in the first . But if they have someone like Brandon Mosely graded anywhere near as high as Adams, then they'll wait until the 3rd for their OT (and so on). So the question is not who is around in the first ... but how much of a higher grade that player has over the next guy in the same position.[/quote]* I'd have no problem if the giants were to trade up a handful of picks for either Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams...* I think Either would be a nice upgrade, and give us a bit of a infusion of youth as well..* Not to mention, we'd still be able to keep our 2nd, probably have to give up our 3rd rder...[/quote]

If we could trade up 3-6 spots and grab Cordy Glenn with only having to give up a 4th rounder I'd be all for it.

Mike Adams shouldn't merit a trade up. As it stands now, he'll most likely be available when we pick.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it,* but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

Is there any draftable player that fits that mold?

[/quote]

Rainey and LaMichael James.

I think both of these 2 are a little underrated right now.
    [/quote]

+1

Mostly due to size (wonder how often we have to see these undersized RBs break out in the NFL before it stops detracting from them?)[/quote]How many Sub 200 pound Running Backs were in the Top 40 in rushing this season?

2, Darren Sproles and Chris Johnson thats why they arent valued the same[/quote]

Forget top 40 ... 3 of the top 5 rushers this year were under 6' and hover around 200 lbs (Rice, Jones-Drew, McCoy).

You also forgot Gore and Tate (and that's just the top 20).[/quote]] I didnt forget anybody under 200 pounds is under 200 pounds not around 200 pounds. Ray Rice is 212 or 27 pounds heavier then Rainey. Mccoy and Jones drew are 208 or 23 pounds heavier Frank Gore not even close he is 217 pounds or 32 pounds heavier. Ben Tate is 214 or 29 pounds heavier. Lamichael James the same thing all those guys are at least 13 pounds heavier and all over the 200 pound threshold that I stated..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it,* but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

Is there any draftable player that fits that mold?

[/quote]

Rainey and LaMichael James.

I think both of these 2 are a little underrated right now.
    [/quote]

+1

Mostly due to size (wonder how often we have to see these undersized RBs break out in the NFL before it stops detracting from them?)[/quote]How many Sub 200 pound Running Backs were in the Top 40 in rushing this season?

2, Darren Sproles and Chris Johnson thats why they arent valued the same[/quote]

Forget top 40 ... 3 of the top 5 rushers this year were under 6' and hover around 200 lbs (Rice, Jones-Drew, McCoy).

You also forgot Gore and Tate (and that's just the top 20).[/quote]] I didnt forget anybody under 200 pounds is under 200 pounds not around 200 pounds. Ray Rice is 212 or 27 pounds heavier then Rainey. Mccoy and Jones drew are 208 or 23 pounds heavier Frank Gore not even close he is 217 pounds or 32 pounds heavier. Ben Tate is 214 or 29 pounds heavier. Lamichael James the same thing all those guys are at least 13 pounds heavier and all over the 200 pound threshold that I stated..[/quote]

NFL conditioning programs are worth 10lbs by itself and teams can always add weight to a player.

So that same RB in college that's 5'9 187, could easily enter his first NFL season as 208 lbs.

Which puts that guy in exactly the range of the players I've mentioned (and ironically ... that's where (most) of them were in college).

Rice weighed 192lbs when at Rutgers.

The reason smaller backs are less valued is a percentage game. Its teams playing the percentages, thats all.

There have been small guys who do very well carrying the load for their teams over the years. But the percentages say they are less likely to do so. Fewer "small" guys last too.

That said, the question asked was who coming out this year are considered "megget/sproles" type backs. Neither Megget or Sproles is/was the primary back on his team. I do think both Rainey and James are VERY good prospects in that mold. Of the 2 I think James has the better chance of being a Primary back, because he is better at avoiding hard colisions. But, I doubt any team that drafts him intends him to be a 20+ carry a game back. It will likely be a team that needs a 2nd back to fill the stable.

[quote user="buddy33"]What about the Safety from Alabama? Couldn't watch any combine yesterday and didn't have time to read up on the event yesterday. Wasn't there mention that he could slip to a late 1st round pick?[/quote]Barron would be a steal at 32, I'd love that pick. If the Giants don't go that route in round 1, I wouldn't mind them taking Harrison Smith at 64. I'm pretty high on both of these safeties, especially Mark Barron. Pats have two 1st rounders though and I can see them taking Barron (they could use the help).

+ Reply to Thread