+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: Per Walter's football mock.......

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]A RB in the 1st round even at 32 ?
    Not happening !!!!!![/quote]

Especially David Wilson.[/quote]

Honestly I don't have a true or real feeling this year of what the Giants will draft in the 1st , especially at 32, but heck I can live with that ( drafting last every year ).[/quote]

I think the Giants are in a position to play "catcher" for anything that falls to us.

If one of the following falls I think there is a good chance you'll see us pick one of these with our first:

1) Dontari Poe
    2) Whitney Mercillus
    3) Mike Adams
    4) Cordy Glenn
    5) Mark Barron

These are possibles I could see falling depending on those who would take them ahead of us going in different directions (i.e. the Texans/Steelers decide they want a CB and don't take Dontari Poe).

Past that, if everything falls the way it's "supposed" to, I could see the Giants going:

1) Coby Fleener
    2) Mohamed Sanu
    3) Donta Hightower (just because he's on EVERYONE'S mock)
    4) Stephen Hill (if they buy into the 40 hype along with the rest of the chuckle heads)
    5) Andre Branch[/quote]

Odds are, its going to be a D-lineman of some description. I think Poe, Cox, and Perry are at the top of the G-Men's board @ 32. Poe just blew the roof off The Drum, but given his school's size, rawness, and level of comp, its possible 31 other GM's talk themselves out of the pick.

Perry I see falling because he just didn't move like a 34 OLB, which is what he's touted as. As a DE, Ingram, Coples, and Mercilus could all top him for less patient (ie: deep) teams. Personally, I'd love to see him under-studying Tuck (LDE with a 1.56 10yrd split? damn...)

Likewise, I think teams will pass on Cox because of his weight, and he
    needs to grow into his body some. There are really aren't any other
    teams in the league that can afford to red-shirt a D-Lineman and let him
    grow into a top-10 lineman.

as for how things are "Supposed" to work out... This is going to be a wild draft. I'm pretty much expecting 3 qb's to go in the top 10, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 go in the first round. I can see Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Cousins, and Oswieler all going (note: Could even throw Weeden in there somewhere, or replace Tannehill/Cousins with him). That's going to push a lot of top level talent down to the lower picks. Also with the new rookie wage scale, there could be a lot more trading going on than we're used to.

I see about a 0% chance of 5 quarterbacks going in the first round.

Veteran

[quote user="critters"]I see about a 0% chance of 5 quarterbacks going in the first round.
    [/quote]

Oh?

4 went in the top 12 last year, and that wasn't a spectacular QB class.

The Dolphins, Browns, Seahawks, and Redskins NEED a qb. The Chiefs, Bucs, Jets, and Broncos could also be considering an upgrade at QB.

Also, I wouldn't rule out the eagles taking Weeden early, because if they don't realize by now that you need a starting-quality backup to Vick, then they're dumber than I've given them credit for. (Also, I wouldn't rule out the 'boys from looking at a QB too)

If this past season has proved anything, its that if your team doesn't have a QB that can get it done, you're not going anywhere.

Yeah I doubt 5 QBs go in the first unless we have a plethora of Viking-like picks this year.

Luck and RG3 for sure in the top 5.

After that Tannehill is bouncing around on everyone's draft boards from 10th to 40th.

So 2, possibly 3 QBs in the first tops.

Again, assuming nothing crazy happens (big assumption to be sure).

DLine wise we pick in a really ugly spot in the first round. The guys who look to be truly available (i.e. not one of the ones I've mentioned previously) are Brandon Thompson (DT), Kendall Reyes (DT) and Andre Branch (DE).

Out of that bunch, only Kendall Reyes seems to fit the Giants mold of athletic Dlineman. Brandon Thompson I think could fit our line however (explosive DT with a non-stop motor). I'm not a fan of Branch ... not the kind of DE we normally go after (seems more like a 3-4 DE to me).

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"]Yeah I doubt 5 QBs go in the first unless we have a plethora of Viking-like picks this year.

After that Tannehill is bouncing around on everyone's draft boards from 10th to 40th.

DLine wise we pick in a really ugly spot in the first round. The guys who look to be truly available (i.e. not one of the ones I've mentioned previously) are Brandon Thompson (DT), Kendall Reyes (DT) and Andre Branch (DE).

Out of that bunch, only Kendall Reyes seems to fit the Giants mold of athletic Dlineman. Brandon Thompson I think could fit our line however (explosive DT with a non-stop motor). I'm not a fan of Branch ... not the kind of DE we normally go after (seems more like a 3-4 DE to me).[/quote]

I keep seeing 34 OLB when I look at Branch.

He moves like an OLB, and he doesn't look like he'd be stout enough to put his hand in the dirt (or rubber pellets, in our case).

Perry and Mercilus remind me more of Kiwi (long, lean DE, who CAN play
    linebacker in a pinch and after some work, but they're really DE's)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Kruunch"]Yeah I doubt 5 QBs go in the first unless we have a plethora of Viking-like picks this year.

Out of that bunch, only Kendall Reyes seems to fit the Giants mold of athletic Dlineman. Brandon Thompson I think could fit our line however (explosive DT with a non-stop motor). I'm not a fan of Branch ... not the kind of DE we normally go after (seems more like a 3-4 DE to me).[/quote]

I keep seeing 34 OLB when I look at Branch.

He moves like an OLB, and he doesn't look like he'd be stout enough to put his hand in the dirt (or rubber pellets, in our case).

Perry and Mercilus remind me more of Kiwi (long, lean DE, who CAN play
    linebacker in a pinch and after some work, but they're really DE's)
    [/quote]

I didn't look at Branch that way but yeah I could see him as a 3-4 OLB. He certainly doesn't explode out of a 3-point stance (which is why I don't like him as a DE).

I agree about Perry but disagree about Mercilus. He was so potent with his hand in the dirt it'd be a crying shame to see him in a 3-4.

I'm not sure if Perry is on the Giants radar ... he almost looks like Adrian Tracy going in the other direction (from DE to LB).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

A 5'10 176 pound CB? lol

I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it, but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

Is there any draftable player that fits that mold?

Burn the boats?

[quote user="Roswell777"]I don't know anything about the draft and learn most of it from reading you guys discuss it, but I really want the Giants to draft a ''Meggett/Sproles" type running back.

Is there any draftable player that fits that mold?

[/quote]

Rainey and LaMichael James.

I think both of these 2 are a little underrated right now.

[quote user="slipknottin"]A 5'10 176 pound CB? lol[/quote]Wright is the only one of those picks I could see because he can stretch the field. He is more of a slot guy though