+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

I just had a chance to listen to a 20 minute Cowher interview on Sirius Radio

Let me tell you this guy is "not who we thought (he was) they were"........he's very very articulate, and made a lot of sense. He was not campaigning for a coaching job.....just talking football and how to discipline a guy like "NStopinick Stupid" (my description not Bill's). He is very calm, and confident.
    There would be no holding back or lack of effort, or nonsense under this guy....do it and you'll quickly find yourself on the pine.

If it comes down to Tom retiring, and Cowher coming in, I feel very very assured now we will be getting a heck of a good HC. He actually sounds a lot like Coughlin in his philosophy but much less rigid, and a heck of a lot more interview-able (did I just make up a new phrase?).

He had a very good handle on the Tim Tebow phenomena and had a lot of good ideas about how to stop Tim. If Tim can indeed be stopped once he learns to pass more accurately.

This guy is just what the doctor ordered.

I hope Tom wins the SB this year and calls it a day. Cowher is what we need to build a dynasty-
    My Giants dream since I was a kid.

Re: I just had a chance to listen to a 20 minute Cowher interview on Sirius Radio

Cowher's a good coach but I doubt he's interested. Why would he give up a well-paying part-time job where he's universally loved and respected, to take a better-paying (but not by much) full-time job where he works 18 hours a day, has no life, and is hated by half the Giants fans, half the time?

Oh, and BTW, ... the Steelers have a better coach now. Tomlin was an upgrade. Best damn gameday coach in the NFL.

Banned

Re: I just had a chance to listen to a 20 minute Cowher interview on Sirius Radio

Tomlin's a good HC I'll give you that....I do not really think you understand Cowher though.

As I said I want to build a dynasty.....Tomlin's not going to get me there....He's still living off the system and a lot of the players Cowher left behind.

I can see the Steelers doing a Cowboy's like dive into mediocrity in a few years

You think Cowher is unavailable.....then forget about getting Tomlin over here.....he's not going anywhere willingly nor is Tom....both are living the "Dream"

All-Pro

Switching to a 3-4 would be a whole lot of turnover

Banned

You would have to hear the interview....I doubt he's that inflexible...Parcells switched tiot he 4-3 when the personnel dictated it

nothing is written in stone with a real good coach

Who said anything about getting Tomlin here? He also has a job and he's keeping it. And unless we lose the next 4 games, so is Tom Coughlin. As of right now, Coughlin is not getting fired, despite all the expert opinions here.

Banned

you are right..........the team just might have saved his job yesterday

[quote user="BParcells777"]you are right..........the team just might have saved his job yesterday
    [/quote]

I think the front office is well aware that if this team fails to make the playoffs, it is not the fault of our Head Coach. We started our season in salary cap trouble and were unable to make any big free agent acquisitions. Our roster was and continues to be decimated by injuries. The second half of our scheduleis brutal. The team played welldespite adversity for the first half of the year and that is a credit to Coughlin. The collapse we seem to be in right now was inevitable reagardless of who our coach is. Vince Lomardi could not have done a better job with our injury-riddled roster against our second half schedule.

[quote user="lawl"]Switching to a 3-4 would be a whole lot of turnover[/quote]

We don't have the linebackers to use a 3-4 defense.

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="lawl"]Switching to a 3-4 would be a whole lot of turnover[/quote]

We don't have the linebackers to use a 3-4 defense.
    [/quote]

We don't have the LBer's to run a 4-3, either. The upside to running a 3-4 is that most of the better college football programs run a 3-4 so its easier to evaluate LBer's. See Clint Sintim for an example. He was a beast as a 3-4 college LB that we thought would transition well to our 4-3 system. We seem to have been wrong.