+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Off Season

2012 Off Season

This off season I think the Giants do the following:

1) Via the draft they address their needs at OT and primary TE (see mock draft in signature).

2) In the draft they bolster their starting rotation and depth in the defensive secondary.

3) In the draft they throw a couple of project DE pass rushers at our rotation / training camp.

4) We stand pat with our current LBing corps.

5) In Free Agency we supplement our TE corps with a small signing (i.e. Bennet from the CBoys).

6) In Free Agency we add depth to our DTs with a small signing (or possibly re-signing Bernard with a small contract).

7) In Free Agency we possibly add depth to our RB corps with a small signing (I think this may be a late signing depending who shakes out in training camp).

8) We extend Osi for 3 years.

9) We re-sign T2 to a small Kiwi-like contract (1-2 years for small(ish) money).

10) McKenzie, Tollefson, Ross and MM are gone in FA.

11) BJ takes a pay cut and stays with the Giants in 2012 (from 5mil to 2mil and incentives).

12) Blackburn is on the team (but not starting) in 2012.

Thoughts?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: 2012 Off Season

Yeah that'd be good.

I hope they sign Weatherford before anyone else.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Yeah that'd be good.

I hope they sign Weatherford before anyone else.[/quote]

Oops didn't mention studly.

Yeah I think he's a lock to be re-signed barring him asking for outrageous money.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

OT more impotant than TE IMO. They will take a TE high if its BPA at the time....maybe.

I think the throw a LBr in there somwhere during the draft.

RB needs to be adressed somewhat.

All in all a good assesment by you....(no that my opnion matters one bit...lol)

I think BJ and Tolly stay. Tolly is very cheap and they seem to love having him in the team.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

OT more impotant than TE IMO. They will take a TE high if its BPA at the time....maybe.

I think the throw a LBr in there somwhere during the draft.

RB needs to be adressed somewhat.

All in all a good assesment by you....(no that my opnion matters one bit...lol)

I think BJ and Tolly stay. Tolly is very cheap and they seem to love having him in the team.

[/quote]

I agree about OT vs. TE. I'd like to see us hit a homerun with the OT position (I'd like to see us hit a home run with both). I think with the Combine, the OTs did better overall then the TEs did (effecting BPA).

If BJ stays (which I think he will at this point) we'll have BJ, AB, Ware, Scott and Brown in training camp. I don't think we'll bother with RB this year past a late round project (hence my Bobby Rainey pick in the 7th if he's still there).

I think both the Giants and Tolly want him to be a Giant. I think someone may put out the bucks to him though (doesn't help that we've made DE one of the most coveted positions in the NFL currently). It will come down to (in my mind) if Tolly wants to take less money to be a Giant (and a backup).

P.S. - Tolly has two houses in NJ.