+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My mock from the beginning of January

After the combine... I'm still diggin it. Problem is Joe Adams' stock definitely did rise and I'm pretty sure my Rd 1 pick won't be available so I may have to change that. If Barron were to drop that far, then you put him there. I could also see bypassing Charles and taking Egnew in a later round. I'm still going to do an updated one cause there are a few things I need to change and narrow down, but wanted to move this to this forum.

Rd 1: Dont'a Hightower (ILB/Alabama)

-As I've stated too many times, this is my #1 target in the draft.

Rd 2: Orson Charles (TE, Georgia) or best OL available. This pick is the
    hardest to guess because the first round is so tough to predict right
    now. This would be assuming Fleener is gone.

Rd 3: Bernard Pierce(RB/Temple) (if Boykin (CB/UGA) is available, TAKE
    HIM here and get Vick Ballard (RB/MSU) in a later round). Michael Egnew
    is another TE I like here if we haven't addressed it yet

Rd 4: Senio Kelemete (OT/Washington) if we are still needing OL ..Joe
    Adams (WR, Arkansas) <u>if he's still available</u>. I expect his draft stock
    to rise. Dequan Menzie (CB/ Alabama), Marcus Forston (DT/Miami)

Rd 5: Danny Trevathan (OLB/Kentucky), Olivier Vernon (DE/Miami) or Jake Bequette
    (DE/Arkansas), Vick Ballard (RB/MSU if we
    missed on a RB) BJ Cunningham (WR/Michigan State) is we still need a WR, Tauren Poole
    (RB/Tennessee)

Rd 6: Greg Childs (WR/ Arkansas), Demario Davis (LB/Ark State), Bryce Brown
    (RB/his couch), Jerrell Harris (OLB/Alabama)

Re: My mock from the beginning of January

[quote user="critters"]After the combine... I'm still diggin it. Problem is Joe Adams' stock definitely did rise and I'm pretty sure my Rd 1 pick won't be available so I may have to change that. If Barron were to drop that far, then you put him there. I could also see bypassing Charles and taking Egnew in a later round. I'm still going to do an updated one cause there are a few things I need to change and narrow down, but wanted to move this to this forum.

Rd 1: Dont'a Hightower* (ILB/Alabama)

-As I've stated too many times, this is my #1 target in the draft.

Rd 2: Orson Charles (TE, Georgia) or best OL available. This pick is the
    hardest to guess because the first round is so tough to predict right
    now. This would be assuming Fleener is gone.

Rd 3: Bernard Pierce(RB/Temple) (if Boykin (CB/UGA) is available, TAKE
    HIM here and get Vick Ballard (RB/MSU) in a later round). Michael Egnew
    is another TE I like here if we haven't addressed it yet

Rd 4: Senio Kelemete (OT/Washington) if we are still needing OL ..Joe
    Adams (WR, Arkansas) <u>if he's still available</u>. I expect his draft stock
    to rise. Dequan Menzie (CB/ Alabama), Marcus Forston (DT/Miami)

Rd 5: Danny Trevathan (OLB/Kentucky), Olivier Vernon (DE/Miami) or Jake Bequette
    (DE/Arkansas), Vick Ballard (RB/MSU if we
    missed on a RB) BJ Cunningham (WR/Michigan State) is we still need a WR, Tauren Poole
    (RB/Tennessee)

Rd 6: Greg Childs (WR/ Arkansas), Demario Davis (LB/Ark State), Bryce Brown
    (RB/his couch), Jerrell Harris (OLB/Alabama)

[/quote]I would not mind Turbin at RB in the 4th or 5th either. So if the Giants took a Boykin in the 3rd for instance, you could go RB in the 4th or later. The RB class is deep this year.

I also like the names Bequette, Cunningham, Childs, Davis in the later rounds as well.

I like Charles and Fleener at TE, but Egnew would be a good option in the 4th rd, especially if the Giants sign in veteran TE in FA.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I just don't see us going LBer in the first (especially one that's a liability in coverage).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.[/quote]That said slip, you think Hightower would be a good fit at Sam for the Giants? If he was sitting there at 32 and you were GM, would you pull the trigger and put him at Sam? Most of the time the Sam comes out for obvious pass situations.</P>

</P>

</P>
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.[/quote]That said slip, you think Hightower would be a good fit at Sam for the Giants? If he was sitting there at 32 and you were GM, would you pull the trigger and put him at Sam? Most of the time the Sam comes out for obvious pass situations.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Obviously, this wasn't addressed to me, but I don't think anyone can answer this without knowing who else is on the board. IMHO, a lot of strange things would have to happen for Hightower to be the best player on the Giants' board at 32.

For example, who would take Hightower at 32 if Poe is there as well?

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.[/quote]That said slip, you think Hightower would be a good fit at Sam for the Giants? If he was sitting there at 32 and you were GM, would you pull the trigger and put him at Sam? Most of the time the Sam comes out for obvious pass situations.</P>

</P>

</P>[/quote]

Obviously, this wasn't addressed to me, but I don't think anyone can answer this without knowing who else is on the board. IMHO, a lot of strange things would have to happen for Hightower to be the best player on the Giants' board at 32.

For example, who would take Hightower at 32 if Poe is there as well?
    [/quote]Wow, if Poe was there at 32! I would not be surprised if a D-linemen was selected at 32. But we all can debate. We all might have our personal preferences, but who knows who Reese and Coughlin may be looking at. It will come down to who Reese thinks is the BPA

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.[/quote]That said slip, you think Hightower would be a good fit at Sam for the Giants?* If he was sitting there at 32 and you were GM, would you pull the trigger and put him at Sam?* Most of the time the Sam comes out for obvious pass situations[/quote]

For a 3-4 team, yes. For a 4-3 team, no. Would say hes more of a mid 2nd round value.

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hightower is just not a 4-3 MLB. Hes a strongside LB. Even better fit at ILB in a 3-4.[/quote]That said slip, you think Hightower would be a good fit at Sam for the Giants? If he was sitting there at 32 and you were GM, would you pull the trigger and put him at Sam? Most of the time the Sam comes out for obvious pass situations.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

I want Hightower in the middle. I'm sick of not having a dominating presence in the middle. Hightower is that guy... and a lot more. I'd like to know, the people that are so certain about where he fits in a defense... how much have you honestly watched him play?

Hightower just is too stiff to be a 4-3 Cover 2 MLB.

If you want a MLB in the first round, Bobby Wagner is the guy.