+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GIANTS MIGHT DECIDE TO TRADE OSI UMENYIOR***

GIANTS MIGHT DECIDE TO TRADE OSI UMENYIORA

"According to ESPN’s John Clayton, even though the New York Giants are talking
    about extending Osi Umenyiora’s contract, it’s still not out of the question
    that he could end up being traded. I believe the Giants will try to work out a
    way to compensate Umenyiora for his stellar play over the past few seasons, but
    he might have to wait a couple of months as the Giants work on getting under the
    salary cap for 2012. They’re currently $9 million over the cap and have quite a
    few free agents to sign. At the end of teh daay, I don’t see the Giants trading
    Umenyiora since he has one year left on his current deal. He also realized that
    holding out last season wasn’t the answer, so he might just quietly play out his
    contract and then move on.
    [img]/images/blue_bullet.gif[/img] Original Story: http://giantsfootballtoday.com/newsru"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS MIGHT DECIDE TO TRADE OSI UMENYIOR***

9 MILLION OVER!!!?? As it sits we can't: Sign rookies, re-sign any of our FAs, can't bring in any new FAs.......do we have to have 53 men on the roster? Can we play with say 40?

Veteran

Please do something so we can stop talking about this lol. Has been going on for years.

I want to keep him -- he's inexpensive for 1 more year.

BUT, it would be nice to get some picks for him especially considering our cap problems now and probably for the next few years.

I can understand either way JR wants to go.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]9 MILLION OVER!!!?? As it sits we can't: Sign rookies, re-sign any of our FAs, can't bring in any new FAs.......do we have to have 53 men on the roster? Can we play with say 40?[/quote]

It's an exaggerated figure. We still have cuts and restructures to do.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

Listening to Sirius today they where saying that teams already know what they have to do. I trust Reese has been working on this since the day after the Super Bowl and maybe even before it.

I could see Osi being traded and also possibly cutting Jacobs and Diehl. There will be other cuts and restructuring as well.

Could be a lot worse. The Raiders are like $43 million over the cap and only have 2 late round picks in the draft.

Why is the end of "Umenyiora" in the thread title censored?

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]GIANTS MIGHT DECIDE TO TRADE OSI UMENYIORA

"According to ESPN’s John Clayton, even though the New York Giants are talking about extending Osi Umenyiora’s contract, it’s still not out of the question that he could end up being traded. I believe the Giants will try to work out a way to compensate Umenyiora for his stellar play over the past few seasons, but he might have to wait a couple of months as the Giants work on getting under the salary cap for 2012. They’re currently $9 million over the cap and have quite a few free agents to sign. At the end of teh daay, I don’t see the Giants trading Umenyiora since he has one year left on his current deal. He also realized that holding out last season wasn’t the answer, so he might just quietly play out his contract and then move on.
    [img]/images/blue_bullet.gif[/img] Original Story: http://giantsfootballtoday.com/newsru"

[/quote]

so basically the Giants will......

1....keep him and play out his contract

2.....maybe trade him or not

3....extend his current contract or not.

that article says absolutely nothing really....

who writes this ****...

BTW.....thanks Ro. Nothing against you at all.......slim pickings for sure on Giants info....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]GIANTS MIGHT DECIDE TO TRADE OSI UMENYIORA

"According to ESPN’s John Clayton, even though the New York Giants are talking about extending Osi Umenyiora’s contract, it’s still not out of the question that he could end up being traded. I believe the Giants will try to work out a way to compensate Umenyiora for his stellar play over the past few seasons, but he might have to wait a couple of months as the Giants work on getting under the salary cap for 2012. They’re currently $9 million over the cap and have quite a few free agents to sign. At the end of teh daay, I don’t see the Giants trading Umenyiora since he has one year left on his current deal. He also realized that holding out last season wasn’t the answer, so he might just quietly play out his contract and then move on.
    [img]/images/blue_bullet.gif[/img] Original Story: http://giantsfootballtoday.com/newsru"*

[/quote]

so basically the Giants will......

1....keep him and play out his contract

2.....maybe trade him or not

3....extend his current contract or not.

that article says absolutely nothing really....

who writes this ****...

BTW.....thanks Ro. Nothing against you at all.......slim pickings for sure on Giants info....

[/quote]

Politician
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

If John Clayton siad it I don't believe it. I really believe they will work out a deal with Osi.