+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Guess the Giants CUTS for cap casualties... who will it be?

Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

All-Pro

Re: Guess the Giants CUTS for cap casualties... who will it be?

i think Jacobs, Canty and Rolle are at risk ... you can find cheaper, younger RBs that still have some NFL experience ... Canty proved his worth down the stretch, but still a little overpaid ... Rolle is interesting ... he is a leader on the team, but he also runs his mouth a bunch ... Phillips made it pretty much through the season healthy ... could Ross be made into a Safety, I don't think he wants that ... whatare our FA options, draft options<P>

but hey we are playing with house money ... champs baby !!! ... go to work Jerry, make us proud all over again

All-Pro

I think Jacobs and Diehl are gone and maybe they trade Osi.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    [/quote]

Eating Eli's 2012 salary as signing bonus puts us $3mil under the cap.

BJ restructures his contract and saves us another $3mil.

Snee's 2012 salary is converted to signing bonus saving us $3mil this year.

Canty restructures saving us $2 mil this year.

That puts us $11mil under the cap.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    [/quote]

That puts us $11mil under the cap.[/quote]

good info, nice to know. btw, i like the de in first round thread u started, a lot of great info there. sorry for giving u a hard time all this time, i know it didnt bother u one bit, just wanted to let u know i apologize for getting into it with u.

ok, back to the giants cap number...no one has an exact number and theirs several reported numbers. the one i find to be closest to the truth bc they go over each contract and cap hit and calculate it into last years cap and the projected cap for next season has us at 4 mil over.

we're all thinking we have to cut so and so, bc we're taking claytons word as fact. how many times has clayton been completely dead wrong??

i know we're over the cap, but i dont know why theirs this accepted notion we're way way over and screwed...that aint the case. as kruunch just explained, we could convert eli's salary to bonus and we go UNDER the cap by 3 mil, and thats if the 9 mil over figure is right (its not).

i still expect us to make changes, and part of that will be bc of the cap, but i strongly believe reese will have it taken care of, and that while a couple role players may go elsewhere, we will be more than alright, and may even have a suprise big name signing...not worried at all about the cap, and not worried at all that we'll have to cut a core guy...

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    [/quote] Eating Eli's 2012 salary as signing bonus puts us $3mil under the cap. BJ restructures his contract and saves us another $3mil. Snee's 2012 salary is converted to signing bonus saving us $3mil this year. Canty restructures saving us $2 mil this year. That puts us $11mil under the cap.[/quote]

sounds easy enough.....so there must be things we dont know about how this process is accomplished. I bet for one thing a signing bonus is taxed differently then a normal paycheck. I know at my job my bonus is taxed at almost 40%. That could play a roll in a player agreeing or not to that.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[/quote]

That sounds like music to my ears brother...........

I understand Eli should be the last guy restructuring however I don't see why he wouldn't... he doesn't need all that money & we need to keep this TEAM in tact
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] Eating Eli's 2012 salary as signing bonus puts us $3mil under the cap. BJ restructures his contract and saves us another $3mil. Snee's 2012 salary is converted to signing bonus saving us $3mil this year. Canty restructures saving us $2 mil this year. That puts us $11mil under the cap.[/quote]

sounds easy enough.....so there must be things we dont know about how this process is accomplished.* I bet for one thing* a signing bonus is taxed differently then a normal paycheck. I know at my job my bonus is taxed at almost 40%. That could play a roll in a player agreeing or not to that.

[/quote]

Oh yeah I'm sure there is A LOT more to balancing the cap then the very rudimentary suggestions I've laid out.

I was just trying to point out that while Mario Williams probably won't be coming to the Giants in 2012, the Giants aren't going to need to cut anyone that don't WANT to cut.

P.S. - I don't think salary as signing bonus gets taxes differently ... it's just your salary. Bonus on TOP of your salary might be a different story (tax brackets aside).

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    [/quote]

That sounds like music to my ears brother...........

I understand Eli should be the last guy restructuring however I don't see why he wouldn't... he doesn't need all that money & we need to keep this TEAM in tact
    [/quote]

Eli doesn't lose any money when converting his salary to signing bonus. In fact, he makes out should he get injured (since it becomes guaranteed).

Converting salary to signing bonus isn't a restructure, it's just a cap dodge (you amortize the salary over the remaining years of the contract as the cap hit).

Restructuring implies either a pay raise or cut.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Estimated to be $9 Million over the cap without cuts or restructuring.... sooooo?
    [/quote]

good info, nice to know. btw, i like the de in first round thread u started, a lot of great info there. sorry for giving u a hard time all this time, i know it didnt bother u one bit, just wanted to let u know i apologize for getting into it with u.

ok, back to the giants cap number...no one has an exact number and theirs several reported numbers. the one i find to be closest to the truth bc they go over each contract and cap hit and calculate it into last years cap and the projected cap for next season has us at 4 mil over.

we're all thinking we have to cut so and so, bc we're taking claytons word as fact. how many times has clayton been completely dead wrong??

i know we're over the cap, but i dont know why theirs this accepted notion we're way way over and screwed...that aint the case. as kruunch just explained, we could convert eli's salary to bonus and we go UNDER the cap by 3 mil, and thats if the 9 mil over figure is right (its not).

i still expect us to make changes, and part of that will be bc of the cap, but i strongly believe reese will have it taken care of, and that while a couple role players may go elsewhere, we will be more than alright, and may even have a suprise big name signing...not worried at all about the cap, and not worried at all that we'll have to cut a core guy...[/quote]

Hey no worries man ... no apology necessary (we all have our opinions which we are passionate about).

I'm just glad you got your sig and avatar fixed after all these years