+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Mystery Team to trade up to #2

[quote user="Warchild"]They mystery team would have to be a team that already has a good QB in place, so no one would think of them trading up.

However, how about this one. Cincinatti! They have two 1st round draft picks. Andy Dalton has played well, so no one would expect them to trade up, but who knows how he will play long term.

Internally the organization may want to upgrade the face of the franchise to RG3.

They could certainly at least get a #2 for Dalton (if not more)[/quote]

Andy Dalton was a rookie QB who just had a great year as a starter from day 1... hes def 1st round material for a trade

but that begs the question why would u look to replace him and why would u think he can't play long term?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

I know we're just naming every conceivable team now, but how about the Ravens? Flacco only has one more year left on his contract.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]I know we're just naming every conceivable team now, but how about the Ravens? Flacco only has one more year left on his contract.[/quote]

That could make alot of sense, especially wtih the contract demands his agent was talking lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

It's totally us guys. He could serve as a triple threat type of player as a QB, RB, and WR all in one. Not to mention, he has Spiderman socks. We need that on this team.

I saw on Twitter that the Jets called the Rams. If its true the Jets are stupid. Another desperate trade up that will rob them of more depth and draft picks which is the problem anyway. Giving up on a guy after 3 years for another guy who i think has "?" marks. Honestly think Griffin is an awful fit for the Jets. There more interested in creating Buzz then winning though

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Gotta be the Eagles. Disgruntled D-Jax and Samuels plus a 1st and 3rd. Lets face it. Vick not only took a hell of a beating, but also threw a lot of ints and seems to be in a downward spiral.[/quote]Rams do need a WR
    [/quote]

Not sure that would be a value to the Rams...

DJax is gonna be franchise tagged. Not even sure u can trade somebody thats a franchise tag
    [/quote]

You can, but Rams don't have the cap room for what DeSean is asking.

Since I heard of the mystery team I had a feeling it was Baltimore.

Team you wouldn't expect? How about a playoff team who just came a game from the super bowl.

Then consider the following:

Ozzie Newsome came out a few weeks ago ENDORSING THE BACKUP QB while their current starter, a former first round pick, is in contract negotiations and trying to state his case as a top 10 qb in the league.

Plus this is a team that has been known for its defense over the years in a very strong defensive division, why would they trade the farm for a qb? (*note, I feel like that's a great reason to trade for a guy like griffen, I'm just stating the case for what makes them a "surprise").

All the other non-obvious teams I feel are more of a stretch, especially if, like me, you feel that the Ravens have qb issues even WITH Flacco. As much as I hate Romo it Vick I think they're better than flacco and could actually carry their teams to victory at times (yes, I know Romo chokes a lot, but he can and has carried his team before, I don't know that flacco ever has done that).

Just my 6 cents.