+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILLING TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILLING TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

"The New York Giants and Brandon Jacobs
    have been trying to come to an agreement on a reduced salary, but it appears the
    sides are far apart.

In a comment to NBC New York’s Bruce Beck, Jacobs had this to say about his contract
    situation

“I want to stay in New York a whole lot,
    man, because this is where I started. It’s a great organization. I got
    wonderful, great teammates, I won a second Super Bowl here with this
    organization. But I’m not willing to sell my soul, you know? It’s a great
    organization and I want to be a part of it, but if not, if they’re not feeling
    the same way, then so be it.”

Seems to me that the Giants and Jacobs are
    going to have to part ways, which I’ve felt was the case all along."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

Re: BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILL TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILL TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

"The New York Giants and Brandon Jacobs
    have been trying to come to an agreement on a reduced salary, but it appears the
    sides are far apart.

In a comment to NBC New York’s Bruce Beck, Jacobs had this to say about his contract
    situation

“I want to stay in New York a whole lot,
    man, because this is where I started. It’s a great organization. I got
    wonderful, great teammates, I won a second Super Bowl here with this
    organization. But I’m not willing to sell my soul, you know? It’s a great
    organization and I want to be a part of it, but if not, if they’re not feeling
    the same way, then so be it.”

Seems to me that the Giants and Jacobs are
    going to have to part ways, which I’ve felt was the case all along."

[/quote]

He would be a great fit for the Jets (not saying that disrespectfully)

Jacobs needs a chance to see what 31 other teams are willing to pay him in order to get a good sense of his value.

Aside from not getting a lot of calls, he's not likely to get a bunch of monster offers either.
    This space for rent

[quote user="Delicreep"]Jacobs needs a chance to see what 31 other teams are willing to pay him in order to get a good sense of his value.

Aside from not getting a lot of calls, he's not likely to get a bunch of monster offers either.[/quote]

I think that's what may be holding things up. As soon as he can test the FA waters he may well see that no team is willing to WOW him with an offer and he'll resume talks with the GIANTS.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Jacobs can be replaced. Not sure how many teams will be willing to throw a couple of million dollars for a back up RB. From a business standpoint on his end, it makes perfect sense for him to stay here even if management wants him to cut his salary even 60%
    Close or you hit the bricks

Question. He can't talk to other teams until he gets released right? So if we release him, and he doesn't get an offer that he really likes, can we resign him at a lower contract. But then we take a cap hit on the release plus whatever we re-sign him for? May end up costing us the same. I'd say he is probably gone unless they can agree on something now.

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]Question. He can't talk to other teams until he gets released right? So if we release him, and he doesn't get an offer that he really likes, can we resign him at a lower contract. But then we take a cap hit on the release plus whatever we re-sign him for? May end up costing us the same. I'd say he is probably gone unless they can agree on something now.[/quote]

This is what I have been saying. Here is my prediction:

1)Come the deadline for his 500k roster bonus(march 8th Ithink?) he will be released rather than the Giants pay it.

2) these forums will erupt with complaints.

3)he will test Free Agency and find the market for not him is not what he wants it to be.

4) The Giants will make an attempt to resign him for less. The only thing that might stop this is if we find someone else in the draft.

But, either way, if we do release BJ please wait out the process and understand that it isnt because we dont want him anymore. There is still a good chance he will resign imho. I just think that 500k roster bonus is going to force our hand because I dont see a deal begin done before then.

This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

I love this guy & would LOVE to have him back but I understand if he wants to take more money... not sure how much money he actually needs... signed a $25 million dollar contract... [:^)]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

I love this guy & would LOVE to have him back but I understand if he wants to take more money... not sure how much money he actually needs... signed a $25 million dollar contract... [:^)]
    [/quote]

Agreed totally sucks, I knew it be a long shot of sorts but if he signs with another team outside of the NFCE all wish him the best

The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="Martyr"]

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

[/quote]

Agreed totally sucks, I knew it be a long shot of sorts but if he signs with another team outside of the NFCE all wish him the best

[/quote]

Absolutely

Oh & thanks as always Roa [B]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."