+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Eli let go of some of those $$$

I know that now people say "Eli won us two super bowls" , and "Eli is elite" and without a doubt Eli had an awesome season. But really the first super bowl was won in large part by Brandon Jacobs being an absolute beast and defence of course.

Eli manning has plenty of ways to make money, Toyota commercials, citizen echo drive commercials , etc, etc. Eli manning earned his money this year there is no doubt about it, but I think he should take a pay cut. He also earned his respect across the league.

There was many years when the giants run game and defence carried him. But now guys like Osi, Jacobs, Ross, Manningham, cruz need money. I think Eli should let go of a little $ to bring help bring those guys back.

Seems kinda unfair to me that when Eli was throwing wobblers, Jacobs was pounding everyone to dust to get guys into the box. But now that the shoe is on the other foot Eli is hoarding all the $.

A couple million could probably keep Ross in NY. What is that like three Toyota commercials Eli? You got two cars as super bowl MVP. Share the wealth.
    #80 Get better soon.

Re: Eli let go of some of those $$$

i could understand wanting eli to redo his contract to free up money for other guys, but ur reasoning is absolutely moronic.

not even going to try and explain it to you...but pretty much, moronic describes this post perfectly

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i could understand wanting eli to redo his contract to free up money for other guys, but ur reasoning is absolutely moronic.

not even going to try and explain it to you...but pretty much, moronic describes this post perfectly[/quote]

Its not moronic its a fact even Strahan says it all the time "When Eli used to throw the ball I would hold my breath"
    #80 Get better soon.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ises-1.3518314

According to Sports Illustrated's survey of the highest-paid American athletes, Manning ranked third in 2011 endorsement income among active NFL players at $7 million, behind only his older brother Peyton ($15 million) and Tom Brady ($10 million). Eli's football salary for 2011 was $8.5 million.
    #80 Get better soon.

All-Pro

[quote user="appodictic"]I know that now people say "Eli won us two super bowls" , and "Eli is elite" and without a doubt Eli had an awesome season. But really the first super bowl was won in large part by Brandon Jacobs being an absolute beast and defence of course.

Eli manning has plenty of ways to make money, Toyota commercials, citizen echo drive commercials , etc, etc. Eli manning earned his money this year there is no doubt about it, but I think he should take a pay cut. He also earned his respect across the league.

There was many years when the giants run game and defence carried him. But now guys like Osi, Jacobs, Ross, Manningham, cruz need money. I think Eli should let go of a little $ to bring help bring those guys back.

Seems kinda unfair to me that when Eli was throwing wobblers, Jacobs was pounding everyone to dust to get guys into the box. But now that the shoe is on the other foot Eli is hoarding all the $.

A couple million could probably keep Ross in NY. What is that like three Toyota commercials Eli? You got two cars as super bowl MVP. Share the wealth.
    [/quote]

your idea is ok but your explaination or reasoning is a bit nutty.......

Instead you could say:......." Eli, as the leader of this team,could bewilling to restructure if he had to keep some of the core players on the Giants. As a vital part of a team he lead to 2 super bowls whileearning 2 MVPs along the way."

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Jacobs only had 42 yards in the first super bowl Ahmad had more then him.

and lol @ Eli apparently being greedy
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]Jacobs only had 42 yards in the first super bowl Ahmad had more then him.

and lol @ Eli apparently being greedy[/quote]

I never said greedy. I am just saying that Eli did get carried for a while in many ways. It is not like he came into the league firing on all cylinders. He had a super solid running game to cover for him. And now the first year that the running game was not good.....none of our RB's deserve any money.
    #80 Get better soon.

Veteran

He is the only untouchable member of the team. If he wants too he can, otherwise it's gotta be other players who are actually heavily over paid.

Tell him to take a paycut or what?

Giants have absolutely no barganing chip at all.

You dont ask the QB who just won the SB to take a pay cut.

[quote user="appodictic"]I know that now people say "Eli won us two super bowls" , and "Eli is elite" and without a doubt Eli had an awesome season. But really the first super bowl was won in large part by Brandon Jacobs being an absolute beast and defence of course.

[/quote]

I'm sorry bro, but asking a 2 time SB MVP who is still young and healthy and coming off a SB win to take a "paycut" is laughable.

Eli may "volunteer" a restructure but NOBODY is going to ask him to "share the wealth".