+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Devastated: betrayed by son!!!!!

Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group.

My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going,

Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1?

In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn.

Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.

Veteran

Re: Devastated: betrayed by son!!!!!

This is a punishable offense. Punish him.

Salem High School?

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Salem High School?[/quote]

MLK

[quote user="Breezely"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Salem High School?[/quote]

MLK[/quote]Ah because he frequently visits Salem because his High School coach coaches there. I kno cause I've seen him a lot.

Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="Breezely"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Salem High School?[/quote]

MLK[/quote]Ah because he frequently visits Salem because his High School coach coaches there. I kno cause I've seen him a lot.[/quote]

He is suposedly friends with one of the track coaches at MLK.

[quote user="Breezely"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="Breezely"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Salem High School?[/quote]

MLK[/quote]Ah because he frequently visits Salem because his High School coach coaches there. I kno cause I've seen him a lot.[/quote]

He is suposedly friends with one of the track coaches at MLK.[/quote]explains alot.

[quote user="Drez"]

Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)

[/quote]

LMAO!!!!! You didn't have to write the last line. I was laughing throughout your post.

May warrant putting him up for adoption. It's really tough love, but he's gotta learn.