+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I know, get "so and so" is old, but what about Colston?

This guy actually strikes me as the perfect replacement for MM.

Colston plays now primarily out of the slot, he still lines up out wide, but in NO, Payton has him play the slot wr a lot.

he's got big play potential, is a probowl talent, but could be had for fairly cheap.

He also played college ball at Hoffstra, so he has ties to NY.

He has great body control, and is amazing at the seam routes and post routes. he also can take a 5 yd out route the distance. He gives us the size that Reese and Eli love, but also the speed and big play ability that MM displayed.

Plus, he is a humble, quiet guy who puts in the work. If he grasps our system, he could be a 100 reception a year guy, i honestly believe that.

Watching him abuse slot cb's and lb's is beautiful. the way brees would throw that jump ball when the defender had his back to brees and the ball and colston would go up and catch it right before the ball hit the defenders back was beautiful. colston can go up and catch the ball at its highest point.

he has produced since entering the league. over 6000 yards in 6 years, amazing body control, great size and speed combination, can line up out wide or in the slot, gives our wr corp more dynamics...he just strikes me as a potential perfect fit and big time playmaker for us, especially in the redzone.

thoughts besides "i can't wait for FA to be over so these threads end"

Veteran

Re: I know, get "so and so" is old, but what about Colston?

He's the saints #1 wide receiver... How will we be able to pay him when we can't afford to pay our #3 receiver...?

good point but i've been reading and seeing clips where he will be one of the best value FA wr's.

i dont think he's the #1 in NO, at least not the #1 option on passing plays. their offense is so evolved that imo, they don't have a 1, 2, or slot wr philosophy but more of wr's, te's and rb's as the progressions.

u may be right tho he prob will be more expensive than i assume, but he still could end up being cheaper than matching an offer MM gets from another team.

money aside, dont u agree that colston could be an absolute beast for us here? guy destroys it out of the slot

not to mention theirs a ton of good wr's in FA this year. the market isnt going to push the value or pay of the wr's up, actually, it will prob devalue.

the supply of wr's is very high, and the demand not as much. i could see a guy like colston being very attainable, but that too could also apply to MM.

we'll see, I'm just thinking colston could be the best option for us in terms of what he could bring to the table for us

We can't afford the money Rio wants lol... how in the world would we get Colston? Dude is a beast... not a chance in hell
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Wow, you talk about Colston like he's a nobody. He's a top receiver and will be paid as such. There's no way can the Giants land him.
    If the Saints can sign Brees before the deadline, they'll use the franchise tag on Colston.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]We can't afford the money Rio wants lol... how in the world would we get Colston? Dude is a beast... not a chance in hell
    [/quote]

from every analyst and writer i've come across, they believe colston will be the best value and will not command top dollar...

lets say he is about as much as MM, would u rather MM over Colston? Bc I'd rather Colston.

but yeah i see how some would think he's going to get a huge contract, i just dont think so bc of how deep this WR FA class is. colston is a solid wr, but he's not a top 10 imho.

i actually think MM may end up getting a bigger contract than MC, we'll see tho. I'd LOVE Colston n the gmen. he specializes out of the slot. he could add dimensions to this offense MM simply cant.

wouldnt surprise me if reese makes a pllay on MC, SS, Plax or even MM...we'll see tho.

Sign Drew Brees. Then bench him.

Saints are the one team that really worries me every season. That offense is just a horrible matchup for the giants.

Now that defense with Spags in charge.....

Dude, even comparing the two is an insult to Colston. They're on different levels.
    The Saints want him back bad, and he's refused to offer them a hometown discount. He won't be cheap.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Dude, even comparing the two is an insult to Colston. They're on different levels.
    The Saints want him back bad, and he's refused to offer them a hometown discount. He won't be cheap.[/quote]

dude, i'm just posting my thoughts on what several analysts have said. nfl.com has a link about best value at FA WR and Colston was one of the choices

he is also very much on colstons level. i agree colston may be better, but if signing colston costs a mil extra a season or mre signing bonus, i'd rather colston than MM.

Take the money out of the equation, do u think colston could dominate with the giants? cuz i sure do, think he brings more to the table than MM.

again, if we can afford him, i have to believe reese will make a strong play for him