+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TE Coby Fleener

Re: TE Coby Fleener

[quote user="bflo23"]Fleener runs 40 yard dash in very slow 4.8 sec.

Graham runs 40 yard dash in like 4.4 sec.
    [/quote]

How do you figure this? Fleener hasent even ran the 40. But on the field he looks like he runs somewhere in the high 4.5- mid 4.6 range.

Graham ran a 4.53, Gronk ran a 4.68.

Anywhere in between those two times is wonderful.

For more comparison, Fleener is one inch taller and 6 pounds lighter than Shockey was when he was drafted. Very similar size wise.

I would love to get Fleener.Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </P>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's gotbig hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</P>

Graham is a very poor comparison. He's probably one of the most athletic players in nfl history. None of the top TEs are in his class athletically, and thats no criticism

Gronkowski I think is a better comparison.

Fleener is going to be a special player in this league. He's unique in his own way

Fleener reminds me of a bigger, not as fast version of Jay Novcek. Who in my opinion is one of the most underrated TE's in history.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="wolfie"]

I would love to get Fleener.*Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </P>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's got*big hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</P>[/quote] egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside & probaly be a good value pick...

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="wolfie"]

I would love to get Fleener.Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </p>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's gotbig hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</p>[/quote] egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside &amp; probaly be a good value pick...[/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing.

[quote user="critters"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="wolfie"]

I would love to get Fleener.*Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </p>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's got*big hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</p>[/quote] egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside & probaly be a good value pick...[/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing.
    [/quote]

I like Ladarius Green over Egenew. Neither is a particularly notable as a blocker but Green is a better receiver and seems to have a better motor. Both will be available around the 3rd round or so.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

if all te's are available giants should trade down and pick up another draft pick..then take best available te if they all have similar grades

+ Reply to Thread