+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Burress "didn't want to go back"

Ralph Vacchiano
    Plaxico
    Burress, on the @dpshow, says the Giants wanted him back last summer,
    but he didn't want them: "I made the decision personally not to go back.
    I didnít have any animosity towards them because they wanted to bring
    me back. I made a decision not to go. ... It was just a situation where
    I just wanted to go somewhere and start over fresh." ... Read moreõ #NYG

lmao right on....hope the Jets were "fresh" enough for him

Re: Burress

What Plax is really saying.

" I did not want to go to a team that had a head coach who wanted me to act like a professional at all times"

"I wanted to come and go as I please, and I felt with Tom Coughlin I would not have been able to do that"

"And lastly, I wanted to go to the team that offered the most guarenteed money; hence why I went to the Jets"

Giants fan since the early 80s

Cool ... the feeling was mutual.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

The guy made a decision last year about his career. Do we really have to bust his *** about it??

He made for reasons that were important to him. His loss.....

so what.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="ny06"]

What Plax is really saying.

" I did not want to go to a team that had a head coach who wanted me to act like a professional at all times"

"I wanted to come and go as I please, and I felt with Tom Coughlin I would not have been able to do that"

"And lastly, I wanted to go to the team that offered the most guarenteed money; hence why I went to the Jets"

[/quote]
    this

He maybe could have had another ring on his resume if he came back.

Yet there's a thread out there about brining him back again.....screw this guy

Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc.

Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.

[quote user="Manning2Niks"]Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc.

Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.[/quote]
    People are saying that anyways...I was playing a guy in Madden the other day and we got into an argument because he was saying Eli didn't really have as good of a season as his numbers indicate: it was Nicks and Cruz who made spectacular catches and bailed him out

Haters gonna hate...

Veteran

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Manning2Niks"]Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc.

Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.[/quote]
    People are saying that anyways...I was playing a guy in Madden the other day and we got into an argument because he was saying Eli didn't really have as good of a season as his numbers indicate: it was Nicks and Cruz who made spectacular catches and bailed him out

Haters gonna hate...
    [/quote]

Toomer made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Plax made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Smith made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Nicks made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Cruz made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Manningham made spectacular catches to bail Eli out...notice a trend here?