+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"IF" you're still not happy with our coaching staff and managment, then......

Lets face it. There is no one out there that you will be happy with. Honestly. Perry fewel has been here for 2 seasons. the first season (correct me if i am wrong) we were ranked in the top 5 in defense and lead the league in turnovers. In his second year here we started off shaky but were able gel late in the season and went on to win the superbowl.

TC and KG has won us 2 rings. I know the play calling is questionable sometimes. Hell, i cant stand the shotgun draw and the wr screen to danny ware. But every offensive coordinator is going to have plays that you cant stand. there is no such thing as perfect in the NFL. The bottom line is he gets the job done, is very experienced and has built a complex yet very effective system here.

There isnt much for me to say about JR. I take it by now everyone knows its best to just sit back and let him do his thing.

We have a great organization that has built a very good football team. As long as the core people are still here i feel good about our chances. and that core of people starts with the management and coaching.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: "IF" you're still not happy with our coaching staff and managment, then......

[quote user="Marvelousmik"]Lets face it. There is no one out there that you will be happy with. Honestly. Perry fewel has been here for 2 seasons. the first season (correct me if i am wrong) we were ranked in the top 5 in defense and lead the league in turnovers. In his second year here we started off shaky but were able gel late in the season and went on to win the superbowl.

TC and KG has won us 2 rings. I know the play calling is questionable sometimes. Hell, i cant stand the shotgun draw and the wr screen to danny ware. But every offensive coordinator is going to have plays that you cant stand. there is no such thing as perfect in the NFL. The bottom line is he gets the job done, is very experienced and has built a complex yet very effective system here.

There isnt much for me to say about JR. I take it by now everyone knows its best to just sit back and let him do his thing.

We have a great organization that has built a very good football team. As long as the core people are still here i feel good about our chances. and that core of people starts with the management and coaching.
    [/quote]

the bottom line is just that. You cant argue with success. If people are going to complain and they will just wave the hand in their face and say ..."Talk to the rings".....[Y]

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Re: "IF" you're still not happy with our coaching staff and managment, then......

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Marvelousmik"]Lets face it. There is no one out there that you will be happy with. Honestly. Perry fewel has been here for 2 seasons. the first season (correct me if i am wrong) we were ranked in the top 5 in defense and lead the league in turnovers. In his second year here we started off shaky but were able gel late in the season and went on to win the superbowl.

[/quote]

the bottom line is just that. You cant argue with success. If people are going to complain and they will just wave the hand in their face and say ..."Talk to the rings".....[Y]

[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much. I think it's safe to say that this administration has shown that they know alot more about this game than any of us armchair GMs'/Coaches/Coordinators/QBs'.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Id say, TC,Eli & Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..

If anyone has a problem with KG at this point they need to become a Giants OC and do a better job.

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="myles2424"]Id say, TC,Eli & Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..[/quote]

Gilbrides job has never been in question with the organization. Even if they missed the playoffs this season, it definitly would have more likely been placed on the defense that had struggled all year.

Watch some play calls that other OCs' make and KG looks much more impressive.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="myles2424"]Id say, TC,Eli & Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..[/quote]
    Come on, Gilbride called the plays that Eli ran to help win those two Super Bowls.

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"]Id say, TC,Eli & Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..[/quote]There are elements of truth to this. People can say how Gilbride has allowed Eli to thrive and all that. but when it comes down to the fourth quarter and the game is on the line, thats all Eli. He's one of the few QB's that can do this.

Twice Tom Brady drove his team down the field to potentially win the SB. Then, in comes Eli and does it with less time on the clock. And we now have four Lombardi's.

imo if Eli doesn't do that, Gilbride probably doesn't stay our OC.

Also, I support Gilbride. He and Eli make a great team.

Veteran

If the play is successful it was a good play call. If the play was unsuccessful it was a bad play call and Gilbride needs to be fired!

Fans watch the game on TV from a side angle and don't see the play diagrams, so how they know it was a bad play call versus bad execution is beyond me!

Sometimes an unsuccessful play can still have a positive effect on the game. Like stretching the field, you have to keep the safety's honest - otherwise they will start cheating the shallow routes. Same goes for CB's, if don't work the sideline much at all they will start to cheat the inside routes. We all already know how it benefits the running game.

Stuff like that will always get overlooked by the common fan on here who easily gets discouraged and begins to think the worst. "The sky is falling". "We're doomed". "Gilbride should burn in hell" etc. etc.

I am sure that Eli and Gilbride have a very very good working relationship. I believe they collaborate on everything in the offense. I also believe Eli has the latitude to change any play depending on what he sees the defense doing. I also believe that based on the personnel that is in the game at the time dictates the plays that can be called. And above all, I believe Eli calls those shotgun draws himself and they are NOT called from the sideline.

All in all I love this team AND the play calling.