+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IF ...

IF ...

If Dontari Poe, Whitney Mercilus, Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn and Mark Barron are ALL available at #32 who do you pick?

I'm thinking Dontari Poe.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: IF ...

Dontari Poe
    Whitney Mercilus
    Cordy Glenn
    Mike Adams
    Mark Barron

In that order.

Wow. That's tough. It would be hard to pass on Poe. This would be my order:

Poe
    Barron
    Mercilus
    Glenn
    Adams

I dont think barron or Adams are worth first round picks.

So Poe, then Glenn, then Mercilus.

Poe however is a top 10 pick, no way he gets past the chiefs at 11.

Glenn is a top 15 pick.

Mercilus is a top 20 pick.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I dont think barron or Adams are worth first round picks.

Glenn is a top 15 pick.

Mercilus is a top 20 pick.[/quote]

Pretty much how I had it laid out in my head.

I'm not sure I agree about Barron and Adams (especially Barron) ... both are sliding in their draft stock late; Adams for a mediocre Combine (I'm fine with that, especially for an OT) and Barron is sliding due to injury concerns (both unrelated injuries and neither lower leg (pec tear in 2010 and sports hernia in 2011).

I think Barron would be a steal in the late first because the guy doesn't quit on the field. The only downside to him that I can see is if he turns out to be a Bob Sanders type (i,e, plays harder then his body can take).

Adams I think is a solid 1st round choice ... but not a sexy one. I can definitely see him slipping to the 2nd but he would definitely fill a need for us at RT.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

There's some rumors that Barron may perform at Alabama's pro day. If that turns out to be true that means his recovery is going well or his injury wasn't as bad as previously reported.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="slipknottin"]I dont think barron or Adams are worth first round picks.

Glenn is a top 15 pick.

I'm not sure I agree about Barron and Adams (especially Barron) ... both are sliding in their draft stock late; Adams for a mediocre Combine (I'm fine with that, especially for an OT) and Barron is sliding due to injury concerns (both unrelated injuries and neither lower leg (pec tear in 2010 and sports hernia in 2011).

I think Barron would be a steal in the late first because the guy doesn't quit on the field. The only downside to him that I can see is if he turns out to be a Bob Sanders type (i,e, plays harder then his body can take).

Adams I think is a solid 1st round choice ... but not a sexy one. I can definitely see him slipping to the 2nd but he would definitely fill a need for us at RT.[/quote]

Kruunch...what are you thoughts on Amini Silatolu? I read that he was a OT in college but they felt for the pros he would get moved inside to G. He had a good draft grade it seemed....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="slipknottin"]I dont think barron or Adams are worth first round picks.

Glenn is a top 15 pick.

Adams I think is a solid 1st round choice ... but not a sexy one. I can definitely see him slipping to the 2nd but he would definitely fill a need for us at RT.[/quote]

Kruunch...what are you thoughts on Amini Silatolu? I read that he was a OT in college but they felt for the pros he would get moved inside to G. He had a good draft grade it seemed....[/quote]

Slipknot turned me on to Silatulo and I really dig that guy. He can play either OG or OT (projected to be an NFL OG) and is just big, strong and athletic beast (even for other OG/OT prospects from bigger schools) which is the driving factor behind a lot of the Giants' draft choices.

But he's from a Division II school and doesn't have a lot of experience there (started out in junior college) and there is serious doubt whether he translates to the OT position at the next level which is going to be a major need for us in 2012 if Kareem McKenzie is gone.

That's finally why I didn't include him in my mock. The choices in my head if I was going a combination DB/Oline in the first/second were Barron/Silatolu or Adams/Iloka. Since DB is a depth fill for us and potential starter in 2013 and situational starter in 2012 and we need a guy who can hit the ground running at RT in 2012, I went with Adams (NFL ready) / Iloka (great physical and athletic measurables).

+ Reply to Thread