+ Reply to Thread

Special Teams...

Has seen a great improvement.

Seems like guys are holding their lanes and not giving up long returns, and on the other side it feels like there have been 3 or 4 returns in the past couple of weeks where either Devin Thomas or Da'rell Scott were one broken tackle away from taking it to the house.

Thoughts?

Re: Special Teams...

Only gripe is we need better returns. Kudos to tunes, weatherford and over the coverage unit.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

The coverage units have definitely improved. I'd give credit to the coach - but Tom Quinn has been so bad for so long I think its the infusion of some of the younger faster talent.

The return game is just meant to secure the ball for the most part. While some teams use specials as a weapon ours our simply used to not lose games. I thought scott looked better as a returner then thomas and looked like he was on his way to breaking one soon. But I guess with AB back they made him inactive - i dont agree. Weatherford is a huge improvement over dodge and while no one seems to trust tynes he gets the job done. Give him credit for the 50 yarder.

[quote user="NYgiants141"]Has seen a great improvement.

Seems like guys are holding their lanes and not giving up long returns, and on the other side it feels like there have been 3 or 4 returns in the past couple of weeks where either Devin Thomas or Da'rell Scott were one broken tackle away from taking it to the house.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]
    Agree fully, I just wish we'd stop using Ross on punt returns, I'd much rather have Thomas, Scott, or even Blackmon....all 3 have had great kick returns. Weatherford has been absolutely outstanding all season.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants