+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock 3.0

Re: Mock 3.0

[quote user="Seducer"]

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="bleedblue78"]Doubt your number one pick...coughlin and co. Are pretty high up on Tyler sash[/quote] Ok...but what if Deon decides to retire? We have no idea if Chad Jones will be able to come back from his injury....[/quote]

Even if Grant does retire, we still would have 3 safeties that they like. I don't see them spending a 1 on a 4th safety.

[/quote]

Doesn't really matter. If Barron is there at 32, he's more than likely the BPA.

Veteran

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Seducer"]

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="bleedblue78"]Doubt your number one pick...coughlin and co. Are pretty high up on Tyler sash[/quote] Ok...but what if Deon decides to retire? We have no idea if Chad Jones will be able to come back from his injury....[/quote]

Even if Grant does retire, we still would have 3 safeties that they like. I don't see them spending a 1 on a 4th safety.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, because despite what everyone thinks Reese doesn't draft literally the best player available. It's need/bpa. If there is a player rated just a hair under Barron but fills a need, we will take it.

[quote user="Seducer"][quote user="critters"][quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, because despite what everyone thinks Reese doesn't draft literally the best player available. It's need/bpa. If there is a player rated just a hair under Barron but fills a need, we will take it.

[/quote]

I agree... but Barron is considered the only elite safety in this draft by many... he has been projected as a top 15-20 pick. I could easily see us taking him if he's still there simply because of the value. I also don't think safety is so far from our needs to eliminate him as a pick. We had the 29th ranked pass defense in the NFL (I know injuries had a lot to do with that)

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Seducer"][quote user="critters"][quote user="Seducer"]

Even if Grant does retire, we still would have 3 safeties that they like.* I don't see them spending a 1 on a 4th safety.*

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, because despite what everyone thinks Reese doesn't draft literally the best player available.* It's need/bpa.* If there is a player rated just a hair under Barron but fills a need, we will take it.

[/quote]

I agree... but Barron is considered the only elite safety in this draft by many... he has been projected as a top 15-20 pick. I could easily see us taking him if he's still there simply because of the value.* I also don't think safety is so far from our needs to eliminate him as a pick. We had the 29th ranked pass defense in the NFL (I know injuries had a lot to do with that)
    [/quote]

Barron is starting to slip out of the first round in some boards due to his injury history.

While the injuries themselves aren't related or lower leg, they could be indicative of a guy like Bob Sanders who plays harder then his body can handle.

When I look at Barron on tape, that's who I think of ironically.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

If teams want to let him drop because of his "injury history", let them miss out and we'll reap the rewards. The guy had 38 starts in the 3 years in the SEC. That tells me he played against the baddest boys out there and barely missed any games. He pulled a pectoral muscle trying to strip a football and finished the game. He apparently has a double sports hernia right now, which will heal fine. If he performs at Alabama's pro day then it obviously wasn't too serious. I'd be thrilled if other teams are thinking this guy is injury prone and let him slide. THRILLED! He's a top 15 to 20 player. Taking him at 32 could be the steal of the draft.

[quote user="critters"]If teams want to let him drop because of his "injury history", let them miss out and we'll reap the rewards. The guy had 38 starts in the 3 years in the SEC. That tells me he played against the baddest boys out there and barely missed any games. He pulled a pectoral muscle trying to strip a football and finished the game. He apparently has a double sports hernia right now, which will heal fine. If he performs at Alabama's pro day then it obviously wasn't too serious. I'd be thrilled if other teams are thinking this guy is injury prone and let him slide. THRILLED! He's a top 15 to 20 player. Taking him at 32 could be the steal of the draft.

[/quote]

Maybe ... I like that the injuries aren't lower body related.

I don't like that he keeps getting them.

But I definitely agree on the talent part ... kid is a gamer. I wouldn't be upset if we nabbed him in the first.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Agree on liking that they aren't leg injuries. With 35 starts in 3 years though, I don't think to myself that he's a guy that keeps getting injuries. I mean, that would mean he missed like 2 games his entire career as a starter.

[quote user="critters"]Agree on liking that they aren't leg injuries. With 35 starts in 3 years though, I don't think to myself that he's a guy that keeps getting injuries. I mean, that would mean he missed like 2 games his entire career as a starter.
    [/quote]

True ... but those injuries tend to amplify at the next level. Bob Sanders didn't miss a lot of time at the college level either (and that was in 4 years).

Ditto, TE and LB should be up there in the top 3 rounds somewhere...

[quote user="Seducer"]

Even if Grant does retire, we still would have 3 safeties that they like.* I don't see them spending a 1 on a 4th safety.*

[/quote]KP is a FA in 2013