+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st round tender for Mike Wallace

As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace?

regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?

Re: 1st round tender for Mike Wallace

We have bigger needs in my opinion. He can't block for Eli and Eli must stay clean . He cant continue takeing those hits on a regular basis.

must all ex-steeler wide receivers come to ny ?

no.

spend money and drafts on something we need.

we can already throw and catch with the best of them.

we can't run or block good enough to pay the rent.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Nope. Not once, not nevah. I'd rather pay a rookie on our new rookie salary scale than pay for a position we don't need. We have our rookie Jernigan who we need to develop, Devin Thomas who is able to at least crack the lineup, Nicks and Cruz. I'd rather draft another DE, LB, CB, S, or OL before addressing WR. If I'm GM that is. Since I'm not the GM, (thank goodness), I'll trust the Front Office to do what's best. They have my full support. (not that they need it)

Scoops

We can't afford the players we have know, so no, I wouldn't take Wallace. We're fine at the position -- JJ and Barden can battle it out for the # 3, but I believe that we draft a receiver anyway. And don't be shocked if SS comes back inexpensively.

I wouldn't consider this at all as the Giants GM but if I were the Browns, I'd think about it.

[quote user="Bones911"]As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace? regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?[/quote]

i think wideout is not a pressing need for us; however, Mike Wallace is an explosive receiver but i think we should concentrate on our needs (tight end, o-line etc)

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

[quote user="Bones911"]As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace? regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?[/quote]

i think wideout is not a pressing need for us; however, Mike Wallace is an explosive receiver but i think we should concentrate on our needs (tight end, o-line etc)

[/quote]
    You're right, O-line is more important.

Bench Player

I would because the question was regardless of money and cap . Is Mike Wallace worth the 32nd picked in the 1st round. Yes without a doubt . Half the 1st rounders dont pan out . He is a top 10 WR .
    The reality is there is a cap so it doesnt matter we cant afford him and we have more needs with the little money we could spend

He is a very good WR and is worth a 1st round tender, just not for the NY Giants.