+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hixon and T2

Veteran

Hixon and T2

According to RV (Daily News) Hixon will most likely be back and sign a contract for minimum or close to it by friday.

Apparently T2 will MOST LIKELY be back as well - obviously not for the minimum.

While I like both of these guys you gotta wonder what the risk is having 2 guys with 4 ACL tears between them is. I suppose if Hixon goes down again you don't have a big cap hit - and you cross your fingers on T2 as this injury is becoming more and more common and the last time he did it was over 4 years ago.

Let me make the point clear - The Giants were one of the most injured teams in the last 20 years according to stats inc but Reese can't count on a guy like Goff or Prince going down - but with Hixon and Thomas thats a much more calculated risk - I suppose the cheaper they come the less the risk.

Tryon talks going well too. This probably means the end for Ross.

Re: Hixon and T2

As for Hixon, he's going to be a #3 (at best) or a KR/PR guy, and he's going to get signed real cheap, so I'm not overly worried about him.

For T2, I'm also not too worried because we got Webster and Prince, who I personally expect to become a starter sometime next season, and I don't think Reese will overspend on either of these guys.

All-Pro

Heard TT on Sitius yesterday and he sounds like he will be ready. Again, HE sounds like he will be ready. Not to say he won't, but he is also looking for a contract. What would you expect him to say? No, I won't be 100% to start the season.

He did say he can squat 300 pounds 10 times and is doing lunges as part of his rehab. I'm not saying he won't be ready, but I also don't expect to hear him say they he won't be ready especially when he needs a new contract.

If we resign those two, Goff, and Weatherford I will be a happy guy.

[quote user="egyptian420"]As for Hixon, he's going to be a #3 (at best) or a KR/PR guy, and he's going to get signed real cheap, so I'm not overly worried about him.

For T2, I'm also not too worried because we got Webster and Prince, who I personally expect to become a starter sometime next season, and I don't think Reese will overspend on either of these guys.
    [/quote]
    +1, except for the # 3 part. He may battle for it, but won't win it.

[quote user="LT_was_good"]If we resign those two, Goff, and Weatherford I will be a happy guy.
    [/quote]
    Weatherford better get resigned, if it wasn't for him last season, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

T2 better be taking the minimum.

He's basically worthless at this point.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

The reedeming quality with T2 is that he won't be healthy at the start of next year, probably not even midway through, but if we are still in the hunt (which we should be) for the playoffs later in the year, T2 will be a lot more confident and that knee will be a lot stronger for another playoff run.

That's the time when everyone needs to be playing their best.

Veteran

Egyptain you are not worried cause we have webster and prince? You realize we had 7 corners go on IR last year yes? Depth is a priority and only witherspoon is under contract with those 2. Not to mention needing a good nickel in todays nfl, in fact i would say 4-5 nice players due to injury.

Gmen I bet T2 is healthy enough to start the year - The acl tears are becoming commonplace for 1 year recoveries max. And I know this is contrary to my original post - but I didn't mean their recovery i meant the chance of getting hurt again.

As for hixon I think the hope is he stays healthy and wins the PR or KR duties - I think the giants would rather JJ or rmases develops into the third role and Hixon is used for depth. That said Hixon had the role over Cruz last year so I could be wrong.

Recovery from most of the injuries seen in the NFL happen on an individual basis; some quicker, some slower. Remember LT's achilles tear toward the end of his career? Nobody believed he'd be playing the next year. He did and at a high rate for even a beast like himself.

My hope is that TT is gaining confidence and is able to return to his regularplay halfway thru the season! We really missed him this years. If we had him would we have won the SB by 21 points? Injuries racked our team in 2011 non more than the CB position! We also missed DH. I see him as one of the best returners in the league. I hope the Giants see it that way too. Not a bad WR either.