+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HIXON COUNTDOWN

HIXON COUNTDOWN

Since it's early, things are slow around here, and I'm bored as hell....I figured I'd make a thread about Hixon's possible signing today......here's to hoping that he does [B]!

In the meantime I figured this would remind us how much of an asset he is to our team:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqo9br91gE

Re: HIXON COUNTDOWN

That would be a nice re-signing. Hopefully he could spark our return game

Hixon has done excellent work for us since coming here in 2007. With the injuries, he shouldn't command much in the way of a contract. We probably can sign him cheaply and hope that his recovery is robust. If healthy, he'd be a good #3 or outstanding #4. Add special teams contributions to that and he'd be a nice fit. He also conducts himself like a Giant which is a nice plus. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

I want him back so people can get his and Nicks' names confused again

I would love for Hixon to come back and be a special teams player that's about it. WR I don't see it 2 ACL's I don't know if he'll hold up the whole season and the Giants throw a lot more now then before.

Sorry not to be mean but, when I saw the title I immediately thought.....Hixon countdown to be released/cut. Like I have said I like the guy, and he has been a great asset to the team, but 2 ACL injuries in2 years?! I think it would be wrong to expect alot out of him, regardless of a cheap asking price......

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Sorry not to be mean but, when I saw the title I immediately thought.....Hixon countdown to be released/cut. Like I have said I like the guy, and he has been a great asset to the team, but 2 ACL injuries in2 years?! I think it would be wrong to expect alot out of him, regardless of a cheap asking price......[/quote]
    Like someone else said earlier, I'm not counting on him to be our answer at WR, more interested in his KR/PR abilities which have been the best we've had for a good 5 years.

[quote user="jomo"]Hixon has done excellent work for us since coming here in 2007. With the injuries, he shouldn't command much in the way of a contract. We probably can sign him cheaply and hope that his recovery is robust. If healthy, he'd be a good #3 or outstanding #4. Add special teams contributions to that and he'd be a nice fit. He also conducts himself like a Giant which is a nice plus. Go Blue!![/quote]
    +1...I totally agree

I hope the Giants' interest in resigning him means the medical staff is optimistic about his return.