+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock Draft ............3.2

Mock Draft ............3.2

I fully expect the Giants to look to trade back. QB is going to be a hot topic this draft, just like last year. But, I think teams may not pull the trigger as quickly as last year. But lets assume the Giants stay put......

Round 1 -

Orson Charles, TE - Georgia... flat out weapon for the offense. Eli is playing at an elite level and they need to continue to put weapons around him. This will also allow them to feel better about letting MM go and hoping JJ or Barden develop.

Round 2 -

Kevin Zeitler, OG - Wisconsin.... perfect fit for the Giants offensive line. DD has had a nice run, but his window is almost shut and with the money he is due.... done. Zeitler is a nasty player that does a wonderful job in run support.

Round 3 -

Vontaz Burfict, ILB - Arizona State... HERE ME OUT...This kid is a wild card. Flashes greatness, then pulls some stupid moves. I really dont like how he threw his coaches under the bus. However, Erickson is a joke and has been that way since his days at Miami. It wouldnt surprise that they hurt his development. This kid needs direction and for a coach/locker room to give him guidance. Giants are first class organization. His talent is there, TC will be the perfect father figure.

Round 4 -

Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... along the same molds as Ray Rice. Shorter guy, built really put together. Great quickness, speed and a nice job as a receiving back.

Round 5 -

Donnie Fletcher, CB - Boston College.... Great Size, solid speed. BC as a team was... well.... awful this year!! Kuechly is clearly the prize piece, but Fletcher provides the Giants with a solid CB that can get physical with receivers. Depth is needed.

Round 6 -

Olivier Vernon, DE - The U.... this kid is a project. But, a seriously talented project at that. His game is smooth and does a really nice job rushing the passer. He missed some games this past season, due to being suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident. He definately could have used another year of college ball. But, he could be a sleeper.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Mock Draft ............3.2

There's no way Doug Martin is going to be available at the end of the 4th round. Lots of people (including me) have been raving about how this kid is a do-it-all back whose only true weakness is the lack of elite speed. He's projected to go in the early to mid second round, maybe dropping into the early 3rd.

Orson Charles is a favorite of mine due to how he can player a joker type role on offense. Being able to line up in many positions can really confuse a defense and create mismatches. I don't think he's the kind of TE the Giants look for though.

Honestly, at this point, you're reaching BIG time for Burfict after his horrible combine. Running around the 5 range on his 40 shows how slow he really is and would be inefficient as a 3 down LBer. You could probably grab him at the end of the 6th, 7th, or he might even go undrafted.

I do like the rest of the picks though.

I think this is a great Mock draft. I know Vontaz Burfict's true character. I was with him and another ASU player and have talked to him on the phone many times. Vontaz problems where coaching related. To give you an example when they played Boise State, the coaching staff let the team have a night out with no curfew. He is a nice and respectful young man when you meet him and are around him. He can play football and will tackle. I think his game skills are on the level of Ray Lewis . A good coach will judge him based on what he determines, not the media. We need a good OG and T E. I think Will Beatty is going to be a great left tackle but we need a right tackle somewhere in there,

Veteran

I agree Martin will definitely be gone by the 4th round .. & I think Burfict is a big reach before at least the 5th round..

I think we either take Fleener at 32 or move down to the early 2nd & pick up a talented young corner like Stephen Gilmore , Trumaine Johnson or Jamel Flemming & grab Orson Charles by the late 2nd ( if he's available) ... If we don't get Charles or Fleener , I see Michael Egnew as an option with our 3rd rounder... I honestly think Reese is gonna pick a corner within the 1st 3 rounds because it looks to be one of the deeper if not deepest position in the draft..

As mentioned, Doug Martin will probably LONG GONE by our pick in the 4th. I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd. Perhaps flip flop your 3rd and 4th pick.

In regards to baywest, I don't see how you can blame the coaches for them not giving him a curfew if he went out late before a game. We don't need a player that we're gonna have to babysit to make sure he has some common sense. He seems like the kinda guy that will be a distraction in the locker room and with the amount of access the media has to players in the NFL, that can be disastrous.

[quote user="GMenNY21"]I agree Martin will definitely be gone by the 4th round .. & I think Burfict is a big reach before at least the 5th round..

I think we either take Fleener at 32 or move down to the early 2nd & pick up a talented young corner like Stephen Gilmore , Trumaine Johnson or Jamel Flemming & grab Orson Charles by the late 2nd ( if he's available) ... If we don't get Charles or Fleener , I see Michael Egnew as an option with our 3rd rounder... I honestly think Reese is gonna pick a corner within the 1st 3 rounds because it looks to be one of the deeper if not deepest position in the draft..[/quote]

Agreed... As I also said.. I think the Giants are going to be moving out of the first round. Teams will try to move up and panic to get a Ryan Tannenhill, NIck Foles, Kirk Cousins or Brock Osweiler. With that said this entire mock draft would be different.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

+ Reply to Thread