+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Posters looking for a big name LB are bound to be disappointed again

Just stating facts...look at the history.

2009 people want us to draft Maualuga, we draft Nicks instead.

2010 people want us to pick up Dansby in FA, we get Rolle instead.

2010 draft people want us to take 'Spoon, we take JPP instead.

2011 people want us to look at Ruud, Tulloch, Poz...No, no, and no.

2011 draft people want Ayers...we take Prince.

Face it, for better or worse LB is a stepchild to this front office. Given the choice we will upgrade another position first every time.

Re: Posters looking for a big name LB are bound to be disappointed again

I've wanted a LB for many years, but hey, we won the super bowl with sub par linebackers, so I trust Reese.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

All-Pro

Actually, from what I heard, we were going to take Rolando McClain if he slipped a few more spots. We really liked him. But the Raiders took him earlier then anticipated and we lucked out with JPP at 15.

Also, I dont think Ayers was high on Reese list. With Prince, a top 10 talent falling to 19, it was a no brainer.

This year guys like Kuechly, Brown and Hightower looks pretty promissing and may be more up on Reeses list, especailly with us sitting at 32.

Then again, we could go DE or DB or WR like we always do.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Just stating facts...look at the history.

2009 people want us to draft Maualuga, we draft Nicks instead.

2010 people want us to pick up Dansby in FA, we get Rolle instead.

2010 draft people want us to take 'Spoon, we take JPP instead.

2011 people want us to look at Ruud, Tulloch, Poz...No, no, and no.

2011 draft people want Ayers...we take Prince.

Face it, for better or worse LB is a stepchild to this front office. Given the choice we will upgrade another position first every time.[/quote]

we had a shot at MAuluga in the 2nd we could of made a move but went Sintim a few picks after instead. So maybe the Giants just didn't value him as much as the fans did.

Saftey was a bigger issue for us in 10

JPP Giants saw as a value pick.

We had cap issues last year and were planning on a healthy Goff...

but I agree - MAYBE we draft a LBer somewher ein the draft. Im also not discounting a first round pick if the value is there. I just deciphered this in another thread.

Figure we will have 8 LBers (including DeOssie).

The locks:
    DeOssie
    Boley
    Kiwi
    Herzlich
    JWill
    Greg Jones

We either go Goff or Blackburn, it seems the Giants want Goff.

That leaves one LBer spot open between Paysinger, Sintim, Tracy, or a draft pick

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="NYG216"]I've wanted a LB for many years, but hey, we won the super bowls with sub par linebackers, so I trust Reese.
    [/quote]

fixed it for ya

Don't see it happening in the first honestly unless there's literally no one else good at #32.

Brown is really athletic. He can keep up with TE's in the passing game but we already have two LB's who can do that.

Hightower is a massive man in the middle but he projects more as a 3-4 ILB due to his lack of speed. Still, if he can flash the ability to rush the passer with his hands in the dirt, he could serve us as a hybrid DE/LB like Kiwi does currently.

Even then, I think the pick in the 1st will be an OL, DB, or DL.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Don't see it happening in the first honestly unless there's literally no one else good at #32.

Brown is really athletic. He can keep up with TE's in the passing game but we already have two LB's who can do that.

Hightower is a massive man in the middle but he projects more as a 3-4 ILB due to his lack of speed. Still, if he can flash the ability to rush the passer with his hands in the dirt, he could serve us as a hybrid DE/LB like Kiwi does currently.

Even then, I think the pick in the 1st will be an OL, DB, or DL.[/quote]

it just depends on REese's draft board is.

If Vontaze Burfict falls, I could see us nabbing him

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Don't see it happening in the first honestly unless there's literally no one else good at #32.

Even then, I think the pick in the 1st will be an OL, DB, or DL.[/quote]

it just depends on REese's draft board is.

If Vontaze Burfict falls,* I could see us nabbing him
    [/quote]

I liked Burflict but he had an awful combine he will be a late round pick at best at this point.

I'm wondering, and there's a bit of a stretch in terms of reading between the lines, but.....

Giants are not talking to Blackburn.

Falcons franchise grimes over lofton.

Could the giants be preparing to make a run at lofton and not pursuing Chase initially because they'd rather a lofton/goff depth chart over a Goff/blackburn depth chart? (obviously with Goff as a FA you could replace his name with Jones or Herz)

Just where my mind went after reading some of today news.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="jhamburg"]Just stating facts...look at the history. 2009 people want us to draft Maualuga, we draft Nicks instead. 2010 people want us to pick up Dansby in FA, we get Rolle instead. 2010 draft people want us to take 'Spoon, we take JPP instead. 2011 people want us to look at Ruud, Tulloch, Poz...No, no, and no. 2011 draft people want Ayers...we take Prince. Face it, for better or worse LB is a stepchild to this front office. Given the choice we will upgrade another position first every time.[/quote]

we had a shot at MAuluga in the 2nd we could of made a move but went Sintim a few picks after instead. So maybe the Giants just didn't value him as much as the fans did.

Saftey was a bigger issue for us in 10

JPP Giants saw as a value pick.

We had cap issues last year and were planning on a healthy Goff...

but I agree - MAYBE we draft a LBer somewher ein the draft. Im also not discounting a first round pick if the value is there. I just deciphered this in another thread.

Figure we will have 8 LBers (including DeOssie).

The locks:
    DeOssie
    Boley
    Kiwi
    Herzlich
    JWill
    Greg Jones

We either go Goff or Blackburn, it seems the Giants want Goff.

That leaves one LBer spot open between Paysinger, Sintim, Tracy, or a draft pick

[/quote]

I wouldn't call Herzlich a lock at all. Great story, I will root for him wherever he goes, but he barely made the team this year, and didnt see much playing time except for specials. I would say Paysinger has a spot over Herzlich.