+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Saint's Break the "Bounty Rule"

The players may have been putting up the money but the article says it was administered by Greg Williams. That means it was supported by the coaches. Both Williams and Payton should be suspended. This is unacceptable. Good luck Spags with that mess you just inherited.

If Suh gets two games for stomping on a players arm, what should the coaches get who are encouraging guys to hurt other players. They should be punished.

WOOW...I lost the very little respect I had left for this team....F### the saints for life

I think it's beyond stupid. We all know hitlists exist for every team, but why would an NFL player find extra incentive in $1k to possibly lay an illegal hit they know would land them a $25k fine.

Been watching the story on the NFL channel and ESPN. Does anyone know Greg Williams background? Did he ever play football? I for one am appalled at the story. You don't go out to hurt a guy, you play hard, tough and within the rules. I used to play and that's what I taught my son. What ever happened to sportsmanship? Is it a thing of the past? I just don't get it. I really don't want to hear that it is a tough sport, you play within the rules. Trying to hurt a guy, give me a break. There should be stiff penalties across the board.

[quote user="galaxy10"]Been watching the story on the NFL channel and ESPN. Does anyone know Greg Williams background? Did he ever play football? I for one am appalled at the story. You don't go out to hurt a guy, you play hard, tough and within the rules. I used to play and that's what I taught my son. What ever happened to sportsmanship? Is it a thing of the past? I just don't get it. I really don't want to hear that it is a tough sport, you play within the rules. Trying to hurt a guy, give me a break. There should be stiff penalties across the board.
    [/quote]

49 ER's NYG Eli got up looking threw his ear hole a few times We all know the 49ers would never do that on purpose or try and hurt him. God forbid.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

[quote user="ibbill"][quote user="galaxy10"]Been watching the story on the NFL channel and ESPN. Does anyone know Greg Williams background? Did he ever play football? I for one am appalled at the story. You don't go out to hurt a guy, you play hard, tough and within the rules. I used to play and that's what I taught my son. What ever happened to sportsmanship? Is it a thing of the past? I just don't get it. I really don't want to hear that it is a tough sport, you play within the rules. Trying to hurt a guy, give me a break. There should be stiff penalties across the board.
    [/quote]

49 ER's NYG Eli got up looking threw his ear hole a few times We all know the 49ers would never do that on purpose or try and hurt him. God forbid.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I thought that was a cheap shot. Just because some players play dirty does not mean its acceptable for the sport. There should have been a flag thrown on that play. The reason why I like the Giants so much is that they have class and play with class. Just watched Diehl on ESPN and he pretty much said the same thing I am saying. I only played high school and college ball, but there are a lot of guys who think like me. I am glad that there are pro players who play with class, those are the ones I want my son to emulate.

[quote user="galaxy10"][quote user="ibbill"][quote user="galaxy10"]Been watching the story on the NFL channel and ESPN. Does anyone know Greg Williams background? Did he ever play football? I for one am appalled at the story. You don't go out to hurt a guy, you play hard, tough and within the rules. I used to play and that's what I taught my son. What ever happened to sportsmanship? Is it a thing of the past? I just don't get it. I really don't want to hear that it is a tough sport, you play within the rules. Trying to hurt a guy, give me a break. There should be stiff penalties across the board.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that was a cheap shot. Just because some players play dirty does not mean its acceptable for the sport. There should have been a flag thrown on that play. The reason why I like the Giants so much is that they have class and play with class. Just watched Diehl on ESPN and he pretty much said the same thing I am saying. I only played high school and college ball, but there are a lot of guys who think like me. I am glad that there are pro players who play with class, those are the ones I want my son to emulate.
    [/quote]
    <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: inline !important; float: none; "><span class="Apple-converted-space"></span>I am glad that there are pro players who play with class, those are the ones I want my son to emulate.

Your a good father.
    </span>

I think that variations of this kind of system of pay-for-hit have been in the league for a long time.

The problem is that it seems in THIS instance, the team in question was warned about it AND culpability appears to go fairly high up the organizational ladder.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Listening to Pat Kirwan on SIRIUS earlier, he opined this may just be the tip of the iceberg. A foremer Redskins player, now in the front office, acknowledged the practice when Williams was there.

Depending on how widespread this is, meaning how many teams are involved, someone may/should get banned.

According to Kirwan, the NFL has been investigating these allegations for quite some time and now believe they have enough information to move forward with the penalty phase. Williams has acknowledged the practice and apologized. Part of his apology included his admission that "we knew it was wrong."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I think it's beyond stupid. We all know hitlists exist for every team, but why would an NFL player find extra incentive in $1k to possibly lay an illegal hit they know would land them a $25k fine.[/quote]

Sounds stupid it is stupid.

I know this that next Falcons N.O. game there will be some Falcon head hunters for Brees running up the score on them.

It is one of the most violent games around.You rub a teams nose into it human nature will come into play and they will get even. Thats a fact.