+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Saint's Break the "Bounty Rule"

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Listening to Pat Kirwan on SIRIUS earlier, he opined this may just be the tip of the iceberg. A foremer Redskins player, now in the front office, acknowledged the practice when Williams was there.

Depending on how widespread this is, meaning how many teams are involved, someone may/should get banned.

According to Kirwan, the NFL has been investigating these allegations for quite some time and now believe they have enough information to move forward with the penalty phase. Williams has acknowledged the practice and apologized. Part of his apology included his admission that "we knew it was wrong."
    [/quote]

Thanks Roanoke. Hoping this is not the end of the consequences for Williams or the Saints as the NFL enters the penalty phase. This is truly vile.

[quote user="cornerback30"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Pat Kirwan ? @PatKirwanCBS Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    There could be lawsuits to follow by players injured in games against the Saints during the 2009-11 seasons.Lawers have been texting me[/quote]I hope it does happen like you said,plus Goodell needs to step in and make an example out of them.Can't stand the Aints
    [/quote]

Just had the same thoughts. The NFL will not want to be implicated as doing too little once the civil suits start flying.

Now the question has to be what will the commissioner do to penalize the Saints?</P>

Major fines and draft picks will be taken without question. But is that enough? Not by a long shot if you ask me. </P>

Can you prevent them from signing potential free agents?</P>

Do you suspend players for 4 games or less in the upcoming season?</P>

Should Greg Williams be able to be employed by the NFL? (Rams)</P>

Whatever Goodell decides to do I expect it to be severe and swift...</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]

Now the question has to be what will the commissioner do to penalize the Saints?</P>

Major fines and draft picks will be taken without question. But is that enough? Not by a long shot if you ask me. </P>

Can you prevent them from signing potential free agents?</P>

Do you suspend players for 4 games or less in the upcoming season?</P>

Should Greg Williams be able to be employed by the NFL? (Rams)</P>

Whatever Goodell decides to do I expect it to be severe and swift...</P>

*</P>[/quote]

thats a sick sig ny06

Veteran

If I'm Brees, I'd demand a trade because teams are going to target him LOL.

[quote user="ny06"]

Now the question has to be what will the commissioner do to penalize the Saints?</p>

Major fines and draft picks will be taken without question. But is that enough? Not by a long shot if you ask me. </p>

Can you prevent them from signing potential free agents?</p>

Do you suspend players for 4 games or less in the upcoming season?</p>

Should Greg Williams be able to be employed by the NFL? (Rams)</p>

Whatever Goodell decides to do I expect it to be severe and swift...</p>

</p>[/quote]

I think there will be suspensions of coaches and any (non-player) team personnel who allowed this to happen.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Jeff Fishers mentor was Buddy Ryan. Both Greg Williams and Jim Schwartz come from the Jeff Fisher coaching tree. Albert Haynesworth stomping Andre Gurode's head happened under Jeff Fishers watch. Makes me wonder about Jeff Fisher.

[quote user="HNIC420"]Jeff Fishers mentor was Buddy Ryan.* Both Greg Williams and Jim Schwartz come from the Jeff Fisher coaching tree.* Albert Haynesworth stomping Andre Gurode's head happened under Jeff Fishers watch.* Makes me wonder about Jeff Fisher.*
    [/quote]

apples rarely fall far from the tree.

I'm glad we have the Parcells Tree though. (I still like Belicheck regardless, and Cromel)

Sean Payton (Parcells Tree) has lost much of my respect with his running-up of scores however.

This latest blight kind of seals the deal. screw him and the Ain'ts. (Not that I like the Falcons or the Bucs either- hate the entire NFLS to be honest, and the West...)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

Can someone explain to me how risking a $25,000 fine to make $1,500 makes financial sense?

It is not so much about the money bitself as it is more about winning the pool that has the money in it.

Buddy Ryan did this back in the day too.

I doubt the NFL will come down on Greg Williams as hard as they should. The guy should be suspended without pay for a year and if Sean Peyton knew about it, which I am sure that he did then he should be suspended without pay along with him. Either that or have the players that were injured due to the cheap and late hits they promoted have some private time with them and see how they like it.

The NFL never came down on their little golden boy Mike Shannahan when he kept encouraging his O-line in Denver Broncos to keep leg whipping even after it was deemed illegal.

Make no mistake folks, the bounty stuff is 100 times worse than any type of filming of practices that Bill Bellichek ever authorized.