+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON WANTS TO "REPAY" TEAM FOR STICKING WITH HIM THROUGH ACL INJURIES

GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON WANTS TO "REPAY" TEAM FOR STICKING WITH HIM THROUGH ACL INJURIES

"The Giants vowed to pay Domenik Hixon
    today.

Now, he wants to "repay" them for sticking by him.

The veteran wide receiver and returner signed
    a contract for an undisclosed length and amount
    to return for a sixth season
    with the Giants. The previous two have included a total of only two games for
    Hixon because of two tears to his right anterior cruciate ligament. Still, the
    team believes he can come back strong.

Obviously, so does Hixon.

"They gave me an opportunity when I got released from Denver (in 2007),”
    Hixon said in the press release announcing the signing. “And then these past two
    years with knee injuries they stuck with me. They could have cut me and let me
    be on my way and be done with me. But they didn’t do that. They treated me the
    same and I really appreciate that.

"I know a lot of times in the NFL loyalty isn’t that big. But in this
    situation I really felt like I wanted to be here. They helped me out time and
    time again. I wanted to stay here and repay that.”

Hixon said he'll definitely be ready for the start of training camp and was
    told by team physician Russ Warren he'll even be able to do some work during the
    spring in offseason workouts, OTAs and minicamp.

“I personally feel like I’m further along (during this rehab as compared to
    the last) with the strength and the coordination, different things like that
    that,” he said. “Is it because I know what’s coming and I’m prepared for it? But
    I feel real good. And that’s what’s kind of scary about it. It wasn’t a point
    this time where I had a ton of pain or a ton of swelling.

“We’re just fine-tuning things now. My goal when I get back is to be at full
    speed and show the training staff and everybody else I’m physically ready to
    play and ready for it for years to come."

Yes, he said years, as in a few of them.

“I’m 27 years old,” he said. “This isn’t a one-and-done type deal. I plan to
    play four or five more years, longer than that if I’m able. This is just a
    little interruption.”

A lot of people, including myself, have been trying to guess whom the Giants
    will face in the NFL
    season opener on Wednesday, Sept. 5
    . The Green Bay Packers are a worthy
    opponent and that would be one heckuva matchup (and rematch). But the New
    Orleans Saints were lurking there as another intriguing opponent.

Well, I think we can forget about that. No way will the NFL put them in that
    game after the league announced today it has found the
    Saints' defense guilty of instituting a "bounty" program
    to take out
    opposing players. With Sean Payton perhaps facing a suspension and the topic
    already blowing up, there's no shot the league would put the Saints in that kind
    of spotlight.

As we've said, the Pittsburgh Steelers are also a candidate to face the
    Giants in the opener. And the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys would
    certainly draw plenty of viewers. However, for those saying the Washington
    Redskins are a possibility because Peyton Manning could be their quarterback,
    remember the schedule comes out in early-to-mid April, so we might not know for
    sure by then for which team Manning will be playing. And as I told someone on
    Twitter who suggested Robert Griffin III could be a Redskin, the schedule comes
    out before the NFL Draft, so forget that angle."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON WANTS TO "REPAY" TEAM FOR STICKING WITH HIM THROUGH ACL INJURIES

You have to love this guy:

"They gave me an opportunity when I got released from Denver (in 2007),”
    Hixon said in the press release announcing the signing. “And then these past two
    years with knee injuries they stuck with me. They could have cut me and let me
    be on my way and be done with me. But they didn’t do that. They treated me the
    same and I really appreciate that.

"I know a lot of times in the NFL loyalty isn’t that big. But in this
    situation I really felt like I wanted to be here. They helped me out time and
    time again. I wanted to stay here and repay that.”

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON WANTS TO "REPAY" TEAM FOR STICKING WITH HIM THROUGH ACL INJURIES

Expectation - He survives the whole season, makes a few catches, but very limited. Maybe returns punts.

Glad he is returning, hope he can stay healthy

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]Expectation - He survives the whole season, makes a few catches, but very limited. Maybe returns punts.

Glad he is returning, hope he can stay healthy[/quote]

They need a # 3 and Hixon has been there and has done that. His continued health is what will make or break him this season.

The Giants don't keep people for sentimental reasons so they must still see something in him. Good enough for me.

Amazing how he's still only 27.

Hixon is a monster returner when healthy and has proven he can be the third receiver. Everyone who wants to hold that drop in Phili against him are gonna have to let go of the anger, I'm so glad he's returning to us and I expect him to do great things. He's like a gazelle when he runs he's so fluid.

[quote user="DemandedAce"]Hixon is a monster returner when healthy and has proven he can be the third receiver. Everyone who wants to hold that drop in Phili against him are gonna have to let go of the anger, I'm so glad he's returning to us and I expect him to do great things. He's like a gazelle when he runs he's so fluid.[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DemandedAce"]Hixon is a monster returner when healthy and has proven he can be the third receiver. Everyone who wants to hold that drop in Phili against him are gonna have to let go of the anger, I'm so glad he's returning to us and I expect him to do great things. He's like a gazelle when he runs he's so fluid.[/quote]

[Y]
    [/quote]

Well said DemandedAce, a perfect description of someone we know will give 150%.

He was always a terrific gunner and a damn good return man.

At the very least the giants have someone they can trust to field punts.

All-Pro

Real happy for the guy and I hope the the knee is fine and ready to go.