+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Visit to the Timex Performance Center

Got to visit/tour the Timex Performance Center today.

The Director of Pro Personnel, Dave Gettleman, was my O-Line Coach 30 years ago when I was in HS. Since I didnít get to see him in Albany this past summer for the 1st time in 13 years and because I hadnít seen the new facilities yet, I arranged to take the day off and head down to New Rutherford. Last time I toured the old facilities Fassel was the Coach and Jerry Reese was Daveís Assistant!

This is in the front entry way (between the outside doors and the lobby doors)

Any of you find yourself? As you enter the lobby the reception desk is to the right

(on the wall behind the reception desk)

And to the left is the trophy case:

Not to worry, the most recent Lombardi is very popular and was out making the public roundsÖ

XXI

XXV

XLII

Where XLVI will reside:

As you continue through the lobby, there are stairs to the offices to the left and straight ahead toward the rear is the cafeteria. The Cafeteria looks out on two full 100-yard grass fields. To the left of the fields is the large indoor field facility and along the other side of that building is a 60-yard Field Turf field.

As you move from the cafeteria toward the large indoor facility, there is a rather large theater/team film room that also serves as the Offense meeting room. There are a series of coachesí and position meeting rooms, as well as a large one for the Defense.

Next comes the locker room:

Itís shaped like a football and there are names & dates of players of renown around the soffit:

The only real LT:

Eliís House:

And look who just finished a workout:

Got the chance to meet & chat with Kiwi! What a nice young man. He talked at length about what a thrill winning a championship in his home town was, especially after his injury and fearing his career might be over. He said as the confetti was coming down he thought about being a HS player and dreaming of playing at the Coltsí stadium and of winning a Super Bowl. For that all to come together was overwhelming.

Moving on to the medical & training facilities then the weigh room:

Very large and impressive.

Part of the facilityís extensive video system:

Then finally, picture-wise:

ALL IN

As we headed back through the lobby to go up to Daveís office, Justin Tuck had come in, but was with a video crew, so I got to see him, but not meet him. I also saw Coach Coughlin around the offices, but didnít get the chance to meet him.

Dave showed me how their computer/video/scouting report system works. Very impressive technology. He and his staff had spent the morning doing formal evaluations on all the Giant UFAs. He did not share the results of those evals and even if he did, I would not share them here LOL

I will share one little piece of ďinside info.Ē He was not aware of Plaxicoís recent declaration that the Giants wanted him back but he didnít want to go, but Dave did confirm that. He said that if they could have worked something out, the Giants would have signed him, which kind of surprised me. But he did go on to say, as we all know, that it worked out for the best because it allowed Cruz to emerge and shine.

Well, hope you enjoyed the tour. I sure did.

Re: My Visit to the Timex Performance Center

You got to meet Kiwi?

Great pictures, Thanks for sharing
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Very cool....How much do they charge you?

Good God I am so jealous. Thanks man. I enjoyed the insight.

Wow, how did you get a tour? Close connections?

coachjcd--
    It's posts like this one that really make this forum. Great job, we all are jealous, and thanks for the tour!

[quote user="gmen46"]coachjcd--
    It's posts like this one that really make this forum. Great job, we all are jealous, and thanks for the tour![/quote]

Thank you, gmen46 Glad I could share

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]Wow, how did you get a tour? Close connections?[/quote]

yes, a former coach works in the FO

[quote user="titwio"]Very cool....How much do they charge you?[/quote]

not open to the public

Forgot another sighting: as we were heading up the stairs to the offices, Jerry Reese was coming down the stairs. He was on his way out and had an armful of binders. Just said "hi"
    I've met him a couple times back when he was the Assistant Director of Pro-Player Personnel.

You lucky person you!!
    ALL IN!

Very nice and thanks for sharing. Very jealous, you got to meet Kiwi, awesome player.

thank you very much for sharing.

that was really cool.