+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SAINTS' BOUNTY SCANDAL: WHAT'S THE PROPER PUNISHMENT?

SAINTS' BOUNTY SCANDAL: WHAT'S THE PROPER PUNISHMENT?

SAINTS' BOUNTY SCANDAL: WHAT'S THE PROPER PUNISHMENT?

"The NFL announced on Friday that 22 to 27 defensive players on the New Orleans Saints maintained
    a bounty program during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons that
    targeted opponents with an intent to injure. A lengthy investigation found that
    payments were administered by then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who now
    serves the same role with the St. Louis Rams. At the height of
    this "pay for performance" program during the Saints' Super Bowl run in the 2009
    playoffs, payouts might have reached a staggering $50,000.

What kind of punishment should the NFL dole out to the Saints organization,
    Gregg Williams and any other players/coaches involved?" Read more...
    </p>

</p>

</p>
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: SAINTS' BOUNTY SCANDAL: WHAT'S THE PROPER PUNISHMENT?

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]SAINTS' BOUNTY SCANDAL:* WHAT'S THE PROPER PUNISHMENT?

"The NFL announced on Friday that 22 to 27 defensive players on the New Orleans Saints maintained
    a bounty program during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons that
    targeted opponents with an intent to injure. A lengthy investigation found that
    payments were administered by then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who now
    serves the same role with the St. Louis Rams. At the height of
    this "pay for performance" program during the Saints' Super Bowl run in the 2009
    playoffs, payouts might have reached a staggering $50,000.

What kind of punishment should the NFL dole out to the Saints organization,
    Gregg Williams and any other players/coaches involved?"* Read more...
    </p>

</p>

</p>
    [/quote]

Since it has come out that Williams also had this program the 3 years he was with the Redskins, at the VERY LEAST Williams should be prohibited from working any position in the NFL for at least 1 full year, or more in my opinion.

And since it has also come out that Payton at the very least knew there was such an unofficial program while it was going on, rest assured he will face a stiff fine--I mean STIFF, like the 6 figure fine levied against Belichick for "spygate"--and may even be suspended fpr a few games.

No doubt there will be 1 maybe 2 forfeited draft picks by Saints as well.

Goodell doesn't **** around when a clear violation has been revealed, as we all should know by now.

I think one year is Wwwwaaaayyyyy to little.Let's see, hedid this for 3 years with the Saints and3 with the skins for total of 6.... maybe we should go back and see how many players were injured because of this bounty crap. I think this is a case where he should be suspened for 3 years and both he and the two teams should be heavily fined. What BB did was cheating, this was anintent to injure and possibly end a career. Disgusting!!

I hate the saints and their ****y attitude.... Any punishment that comes their way is welcomed..... Plus the mentality of play to hurt a player is that of a group of low lives, imo
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Like Spygate, this will probably be talked about to ad nausiem.

Saints are in deep ish.

[quote user="wolfie"]I think one year is Wwwwaaaayyyyy to little.*Let's see, he*did this for 3 years with the Saints and*3 with the skins for total of 6.... maybe we should go back and see how many players were injured because of this bounty crap. I think this is a case where he should be suspened for 3 years and both he and the two teams should be heavily fined. What BB did was cheating, this was an*intent to injure and possibly end a career. Disgusting!![/quote]

I completely agree with you. I was being conservative. This is far, far worse than any "spygate". This Buddy Ryan territory.

They were saying on sport center how the punishment may end up being much worse then even spygate was.

Sucks for them :/
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

wow...the Saints are in some deep ***

this is worse than Spygate...

Veteran

Taking away ALL their picks should teach them a great lesson

to me this is at the top of crimes for the nfl. we are talking about hurting other people. this is one of the few things that deserve to give the people involved a lifetime ban.

just like to add since its illegal to to hurt people outside the nfl i think it should be the same as an assault charge. we aren't talking about hard hittting football, we are talking about purposely trying to injure players

+ Reply to Thread