+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone think the Eagles could trade with Rams for #2?

First off, if this is a possibility, it won't be until AFTER the Colts are 100% on Luck (either sign him or actually Draft him).

The assumption is to get RGIII

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season). I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB. He's got to be scheming on how he can get him. Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done. And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Re: Anyone think the Eagles could trade with Rams for #2?

no

eagles franchised jackson.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]First off, if this is a possibility, it won't be until AFTER the Colts are 100% on Luck (either sign him or actually Draft him).

The assumption is to get RGIII

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season).* I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB.* He's got to be scheming on how he can get him.* Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. ** I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).*

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done.* And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]

Cleveland, Washington, Miami are FAR more likely to trade up that high, than Philadelphia.

They are in far more desperate need of a true franchise QB right now, than Philadelphia.

I would include Seattle, but my guess is the Rams would demand a lot more from them than the others (who will be demanded a lot of to begin with), since their inclination would be to NOT help a division rival in any manner--unless, as I say, the cost to Seattle is too dear.

Veteran

anythings possible

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

All-Pro

That could be a very good thing. It would cost them so many draft picks it could set them back for years.

Forget all those late round picks they have. For them to go from 15 to 2 would cost them multiple 1st and 2nd round picks. Meaning a couple of years worth of picks. Look what it cost the Giants to trade for Eli. To move from 15 to 2 would cost so much more.

I don't think there is a chance of this happening by the way.

Not impossible, but they just signed Vick to that enormous overpaid contract. They would have an aweful lot invested in the QB position.

Starter

Not with that contract they gave Vick!

Jumping from 15 to 2 would cost them a tremendous amount of draft picks and probably a player or two. Incredibly unlikely. Reid is not Ditka
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

[quote user="NYFan221"]eagles franchised jackson.
    [/quote]

Can still trade him.

If the Eagles do move up to #2, it will be at the price of a treasure chest of picks. DeSean/Asante are getting paid 9+mil this year. They're not going to a two win team that's already up against the cap.