+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think the Eagles could trade with Rams for #2?

All-Pro

Re: Anyone think the Eagles could trade with Rams for #2?

[quote user="NYFan221"]eagles franchised jackson.
    [/quote]

Exactly why he can be traded. I don't think it is far off. I actually made a thread mid season about the Eagles moving up and drafting Luck. They would love either IMO. Eagles could send Jackson, their 1st, one of their 2nds, and one of their 4ths, and maybe a 1st or 2nd next year, and that would do the trick.

Eagles would then be left with a pick in all rounds this season, including pick 2 for RG3 or Luck.

The Eagles package would look like:

2 1sts, 1 second, Samuel, and Kafka, and 2 5ths.

I dont see the Eagles making a move like this.... they will need to give up way too much for this kid.

However, the team that really need to pull the trigger and move up to get him is Washington. I would rather not see this happen, but in a football perspective, the Redskins need to make this happen.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]First off, if this is a possibility, it won't be until AFTER the Colts are 100% on Luck (either sign him or actually Draft him).

The assumption is to get RGIII

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season). I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB. He's got to be scheming on how he can get him. Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done. And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]

It would cost them big time in future drafts but sure it's possible. I still say a draftee is just a draftee until he plays in the NFL. Quite a gamble at times.

Vick has missed enough games to make such a deal tempting but, with his $100M contract, they are on the hook for however much is guaranteed.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anyway

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"]i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anyway[/quote]Nobody would trade a first for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"]i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anyway[/quote]Nobody would trade a first for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.[/quote]

You don't think a team like the browns, dolphins, or skins would give up a 2nd?

All-Pro

This is the same team that got a 1st (DRC) and a 2nd for Kevin freaking Kolb. They could pull it off.

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"]i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anyway[/quote]Nobody would trade a http://www.giants.com/about.aspfirst for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.[/quote]

You don't think a team like the browns, dolphins, or skins would give up a 2nd?[/quote]

No. PostCBA draft picks are just worth so much these days. I don't think he's worth more than Kolb with his age/injury history. If anything, Kolb's flop hurts Vick's value.

Though it would be hilarious to see Vick in Cleveland. Those fans would never let him live it down.

[quote user="TuckYou"]This is the same team that got a 1st (DRC) and a 2nd for Kevin freaking Kolb. They could pull it off.[/quote]

Easier to say it failed in hindsight after Kolb's troubles, but at the time Kolb was a young quarterback with potential. It was worth a gamble.

+ Reply to Thread