+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok I had a CRAZY thought...

With all the talk of the current coaching staff on the hot seat after what looks to be yet another nose-dive second half of our schedule, I had a crazy thought... If Couglin should retire, or is given his walking papers who does Reese (or new GM) go after as the new HC...? Cohwer, Gruden, Fisher...? Simple right...? But what about... ROB RYAN...?

Re: Ok I had a CRAZY thought...

[quote user="Sm0key11"]With all the talk of the current coaching staff on the hot seat after what looks to be yet another nose-dive second half of our schedule, I had a crazy thought... If Couglin should retire, or is given his walking papers who does Reese (or new GM) go after as the new HC...? Cohwer, Gruden, Fisher...? Simple right...? But what about... ROB RYAN...?[/quote]

Your "crazy thought" is the subject of thousands of separate threads over the past few weeks.

If you think that the Giants would ever consider hiring a guy like Rob Ryan, you don't know this organization very well . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Sm0key11"]With all the talk of the current coaching staff on the hot seat after what looks to be yet another nose-dive second half of our schedule, I had a crazy thought... If Couglin should retire, or is given his walking papers who does Reese (or new GM) go after as the new HC...? Cohwer, Gruden, Fisher...? Simple right...? But what about... ROB RYAN...?[/quote]

Your "crazy thought" is the subject of thousands of separate threads over the past few weeks.

If you think that the Giants would ever consider hiring a guy like Rob Ryan, you don't know this organization very well . . . . .

[/quote]

Then he can guarantee a super bowl every year too!!!!!

Absolutely not.......

I know this organization quite well... Some thought the same about Parcells... You've been around long enough to know that right...? And My reference to Parcells is strictly based off character alone.

No. I do not want any Ryan here. They're all bombastic windbags. Also, what has he accomplished that makes you think he'd be a good HC?

Also, as far as I'm aware, ownership makes HC decisions, not the GM. The GM is in charge of player personnel, not the coaching staff.

[quote user="Sm0key11"]I know this organization quite well... Some thought the same about Parcells... You've been around long enough to know that right...? And My reference to Parcells is strictly based off character alone.[/quote]

The people who hired Bill Parcells are no longer in the organization. Those above Reese have shown very little risk-taking tendencies. They seem to choose the path of least resistance.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Starter

Never Never Never

(Perfect title... CRAZY thought)

The Giants wouldn't hire that slob as a beer vendor, much less a head coach.

[quote user="Sm0key11"]I know this organization quite well... Some thought the same about Parcells... You've been around long enough to know that right...? And My reference to Parcells is strictly based off character alone.[/quote]

I don't get the comparison between Ryan and Parcells . . . . .