+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drew brees?

drew brees?

Is there a reason why NO Saints have not signed Drew Brees yet?

I know it is far fetched but could it be possible that they think maybe they can get Peyton Manning real cheap?

Re: drew brees?

they just franchised him

From what I read, they already offered him the largest contract in history. For whatever reason Brees hasn't been inked yet, they're not holding out for Peyton.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]From what I read, they already offered him the largest contract in history. For whatever reason Brees hasn't been inked yet, they're not holding out for Peyton.[/quote]
    Apparently him and his agent were no where near coming close to a deal with the Saints. They were off by 5 mill I heard on BSPN....now they tag him...

I have a feeling they're just buying time until they can come to a deal.

is he worth the money.at his age? Eli makes 15 mil,, Peyton makes 28 mil. Eli has 2rings? Brees has one ring? He has 4 all pro's on his O? No Nicks the sacks will go up? No Colston let's see how he does! Suebert,O'hara,Smith and Boss he didn't miss a beat? is he worth the money 1 ring??????

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="bLuereverie"]From what I read, they already offered him the largest contract in history. For whatever reason Brees hasn't been inked yet, they're not holding out for Peyton.[/quote]
    Apparently him and his agent were no where near coming close to a deal with the Saints. They were off by 5 mill I heard on BSPN....now they tag him...

I have a feeling they're just buying time until they can come to a deal.
    [/quote]

I heard Saints already offered a contract more than Peyton/Brady. The conflict occurs within the first three years. Maybe Brees is asking for more guaranteed money than they're willing to offer as well as a front loaded contract. This could very well be his last contract, he could want an early roster bonus.

That makes sense, thanks guys.

The guy is great buy I don't think he should be getting as much money as Tom Brady or Eli Manning.

[quote user="Voldamort"]is he worth the money.at his age? Eli makes 15 mil,, Peyton makes 28 mil. Eli has 2rings? Brees has one ring? He has 4 all pro's on his O? No Nicks the sacks will go up? No Colston let's see how he does! Suebert,O'hara,Smith and Boss he didn't miss a beat? is he worth the money 1 ring??????[/quote]
    He's a top 5 quarterback, of course he deserves it.

I heard the Saints wanted to pay him as a good not great QB, which is mind blowing.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I heard the Saints wanted to pay him as a good not great QB, which is mind blowing.[/quote]
    They have cap troubles of their own and having three big pieces of their offense coming off contract at the same time has got to make things difficult.

Still, considering all Brees has done for that franchise, it's pretty disrespectful if they actually are trying to low-ball him. Peyton and Brady have been paid so now it's Drew's turn.

+ Reply to Thread