+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Nicks-------------------------Smith-------------------------Cruz

One of the best young WR's in the league combined with the two best route runners in the league.

If Steve is healthy I'd absolutely love to have him back.. how would you defend that?

You can't NOT double Nicks unless you want to give up a TD, that means we would never fail on 3rd down again with Cruz & Smith....lol

Seriously think of the possibilities. Cruz and Steve Smith are two of the BEST route runners in the NFL. The moves they make make defenders look silly at times.

How would you defend that? There's absolutely no way to.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: Nicks-------------------------Smith-------------------------Cruz

SS wont be back as a Giant. Plus, the G-men just resigned D. Hixon. And are in more of a need to sign Manningham if at all possible. Nicks----Manninghma--------Cruz were awesome all year long. not to mention, Nicks out of all the Heyward-bey's, Dez, Britts and co. was the best WR from that 3 yr WR class of drafts. None of this works without "NY" Nicks on this team.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]One of the best young WR's in the league combined with the two best route runners in the league.

If Steve is healthy I'd absolutely love to have him back.. how would you defend that?

You can't NOT double Nicks unless you want to give up a TD, that means we would never fail on 3rd down again with Cruz & Smith....lol

Seriously think of the possibilities. Cruz and Steve Smith are two of the BEST route runners in the NFL. The moves they make make defenders look silly at times.

[/quote]

I dont think SS is a better route runner than welker or moore on the saints, and i am sure there are more guys out there.

No i dont want smith back. Lets keep the offense dangerous and fast. I'm loving the big plays and the dangerous runs after the catch.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

[quote user="LT_Hits"]SS wont be back as a Giant. Plus, the G-men just resigned D. Hixon. And are in more of a need to sign Manningham if at all possible. Nicks----Manninghma--------Cruz were awesome all year long. not to mention, Nicks out of all the Heyward-bey's, Dez, Britts and co. was the best WR from that 3 yr WR class of drafts. None of this works without "NY" Nicks on this team.[/quote]

Hixon was signed primarily for return duties. Yes he is a receiver but he is way too injury prone to be dependent on. We need a 3rd receiver and to say Steve Smith won't be back is incredible foolish. What's your reasoning for this?

Manningham is gone my friend, it sucks but he's replaceable. He's a nice talent but with Nicks, Cruz & Smith or someone else we will be just as or even more potent. Rio was wildly inconsistent this season and we were still so deadly.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]One of the best young WR's in the league combined with the two best route runners in the league.

[/quote]

I dont think SS is a better route runner than welker or moore on the saints, and i am sure there are more guys out there.

No i dont want smith back. Lets keep the offense dangerous and fast. I'm loving the big plays and the dangerous runs after the catch.
    [/quote]

When he was healthy he was close. Remember the okie-doke he put on scandrick? Jucked him right out of his shoes for the TD...my favorite memory of Steve.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Yeah Steve Smith sure has looked like the best route runner in the league the past two years...if that's what you mean, and don't give me injury excuses. He barely even cracked the Eagles line up. What'd he have 5 catches? Listen he had a great season with us a few years ago..but stop acting like he's a top 10 wr or something people. We're moving forward with Nicks Cruz and whoever steps up to be number 3. Smith will not be a Giants

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]Yeah Steve Smith sure has looked like the best route runner in the league the past two years...if that's what you mean, and don't give me injury excuses. He barely even cracked the Eagles line up. What'd he have 5 catches? Listen he had a great season with us a few years ago..but stop acting like he's a top 10 wr or something people. We're moving forward with Nicks Cruz and whoever steps up to be number 3. Smith will not be a Giants[/quote]

Steve Smith was one of the best route runners in the NFL when he was a Giant.

No one said he was top 10 or anything to that effect.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Smith can stay where the hell he is or go sign with the Cowboys for all I care

the kid is done

dont want him back

Can't stop the receivers? Dial up the pressure and hit the quarterback. Everything is defendable.

Anyway, the current crop of receivers is fine.

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]Yeah Steve Smith sure has looked like the best route runner in the league the past two years...if that's what you mean, and don't give me injury excuses. [/quote]2010, he was averaging 60 yards a game while constantly being bracketed, and he only played 9 games. How do you want to not accept the fact that he's injured when you mention his lack of production, which is attributed to his health? That'd be like you telling me to calculate a complex math problem w/o a calculator and when it's wrong saying that I am bad at math and don't give me the I didn't have a calculator excuse.

And why would he crack the Eagles line up? Who has immediate success in less than a year after their first (which is the hardest to recover from) microfracture surgery? List me some players of successful players after any microfracture surgery?