+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Fans... where do we stand?

Ok the Giants won the Superbowl twice in 4 years but I feel a little empty. Don't you guys think that organizations should show a lil more appreciation to the fans?

I don't expect them to feed the world so it should be something they can do for people to prove that they're real fans. I think they should have a survey at the beginning of each season, maybe 20 questions relating to your team that fans can answer to show how much they know about their team. Make it a timed survey so you can't cheat.

Now if you pass the survey and depending on how my questions you answer correctly, you then receive either a free ticket to a game, some special VIP tickets to an event in case your team wins a Championship (a fan picnic or something like that), a free jersey, hat or something.

I feel that fans put a whole lot of time, energy, money and emotion into their favorite teams to only receive a parade when the teams wins a Championship. The players receive rings, bonuses and all the glory while the people who helps pay their salaries and follow them around the country gets a thank you, I love you and see you next year.

What do you guys think? I mean I wanna win something too... everything I own that says Giants on it, I payed for it.

Banned

Re: Fans... where do we stand?

Ok I guess I'll give you guys some time to chime in. I'll be back later.

I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.

Banned

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.[/quote]I knew somebody would say that but I'm sorry I don't feel the same way. I spend thousands supporting The Giants and I think we as fans should receive something more than a simple thank you. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

Hey Burner, how have you been man? Enjoying Walking Dead so far?

Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly.

For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.

Banned

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Hey Burner, how have you been man? Enjoying Walking Dead so far?

Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly.

For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.[/quote]I'm good man... just playing the background, don't got much to talk about. How are you?

Yeah I can't wait until tonight's episode. I hope it's not just about torturing and interrogating that kid.

Yeah well if you don't receive a free ticket, maybe a discount. Teams should just show more appreciation... we spend a lot of money supporting them.

I live far from the NY/NJ area and don't spend a lot on gear. Just a lifelong fan from far away, so I don't really have a dog in the hunt. But I'd suggest looking at the benefit to local charities and youth organizations that come from the team and the players as something that is given back. I know that you were talking about something to recognize the individual fans who invest year after year with no material reward - but I don't know what they could or should do about that. I do think it would be a nice gesture, though.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.[/quote]I knew somebody would say that but I'm sorry I don't feel the same way. I spend thousands supporting The Giants and I think we as fans should receive something more than a simple thank you. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.[/quote]

So it's a simple question. What do you want?

You're choosing to spend your money on them. You could choose to spend your money on material goods if you wish. But you don't because you love football and this team. And they gave you the best possible reward that you could get. That is how they pay their fans back. That is all most fans want. If you are spending all your money on Giants gear, well then you are getting what you pay for.

I don't know what they could possibly give you other then a chapionship. How about a hat or t- shirt at every home game or perhaps a hot dog.