+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any good, bigger, 6'3"-6'5" receivers in the draft?

Re: any good, bigger, 6'3"-6'5" receivers in the draft?

Dwight Jones - UNC
    Tommy Streeter - The U
    Nick Toon - Wisconsin... I really like him.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="deekay7685"]an interesting name to follow who could be an undrafted free agent is the forgotten Arkansas SE Greg Childs. He could be a nice backup for Nicks.[/quote] I agree about Greg Childs.. I've thought him to be a nice sleeper for awhile.. When healthy, he could probably be as good as anyone in this draft at the WR positon.. Also, Bj Cunningham is another guy who could fit well with the Giants, as hes a fairly thickly built wr...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming[/quote] On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws.. I think McNutt is gonna be a stud...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming[/quote]

I really like Randle. If only he had a better quarterback than Jordan Jefferson.

I have to disagree here. He was open against Dennard quite a bit. He just didn't get the ball. Fleming did a good job on him, but there were still a handful of plays where he could be seen running open.

Also, he is one of those guys who doesn't necessarily have to be open. He turned quite a few interceptions into receptions over the course of his career by simply taking the ball away from defenders. He had trouble with routine catches and made the really tough ones look easy.

Edit. I thought I had quoted redeye here. This is regarding Marvin McNutt.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming[/quote] On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws..* I think McNutt is gonna be a stud...[/quote]

Big Cunningham fan. has everything you want in a wr except that he isn't really quick-twitch.. which is completely normal for a big physical wr that isn't named michael floyd

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]In the top 100 WR in this draft there are only two that are under 6-1.[/quote]Top 10 u mean right. Whats funny is the 2 guys under 6-3 are the ones a lot of people are putting 1,2[/quote]

Oops no I meant of the WRs in the Top 100 draft prospects overall.

And I haven't heard of Wright or Givens thought of as either the #1 or #2 (well maybe Wright).
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

All-Pro

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]In the top 100 WR in this draft there are only two that are under 6-1.[/quote]Top 10 u mean right. Whats funny is the 2 guys under 6-3 are the ones a lot of people are putting 1,2[/quote]

Oops no I meant of the WRs in the Top 100 draft prospects overall.

And I haven't heard of Wright or Givens thought of as either the #1 or #2 (well maybe Wright).[/quote]

Blackmon is 6'1"

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming[/quote] On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws.. I think McNutt is gonna be a stud...[/quote] Big Cunningham fan. has everything you want in a wr except that he isn't really quick-twitch.. which is completely normal for a big physical wr that isn't named michael floyd[/quote] Ya, i like Cunningham as well. There are a Ton of WR's and RB's that i like this yr...

There are loads of them. I really like Rueben Randle from LSU and Tommy Streeter from The U.
    Streeter is like 6'5 and ran a low 4.4 40 he really looks like a beast. He is probably a mid round selection if Stephen Hill didn't have an amazing combine Streeter probably would've been talked about a lot more.

+ Reply to Thread