+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any good, bigger, 6'3"-6'5" receivers in the draft?

Veteran

Re: any good, bigger, 6'3"-6'5" receivers in the draft?

When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?

[quote user="NYG 5"]with the 3rd WR spot being open, i think the team could use a bigger, more physical WR. the run game suffered from poor blocking all year, and the receivers are also a part of that. who was the guy always running in stride with Tiki during all those big runs? a 6'5" receiver who had about 30 pounds on most defensive backs.

i think a bigger guy would help abuse nickel defenses as the Giants spread them out, and would be a good, quick option for Eli when the tackles decide to just let a DE come free.

don't say Barden is that guy because he's shown nothing in 4 years
    [/quote]

Oh... don't get me started about Barden. The guy is just waiting for someone to take his spot. Last year was the perfect time for him to prove that he belonged, and he just stepped aside to let Cruz show him a thing or two.

I would definitely like another Nicks type receiver to play on the outside, and open more space for Cruz and the underneath route runners.

I don't know who would be there for us in the draft, but I hope that either, Barden finally puts it all together, or find someone to take on his spot. I can also see Thomas making some moves after playing so well on special teams, and watching someone like Cruz come out of nowhere. Hixon should also have a good shot at contributing, depending on his health. Of course, we can't forget Jernigan... we still have to see what he is all about.

[quote user="Seducer"]When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?
    [/quote]

True but sometimes teams will look specifically for tall WRs. No one said that all number one WRs have to be 6'3 or taller but sometimes it's nice for a team to have different kind of body shape WRs

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="Seducer"]When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?
    [/quote]

True but sometimes teams will look specifically for tall WRs. No one said that all number one WRs have to be 6'3 or taller but sometimes it's nice for a team to have different kind of body shape WRs
    [/quote] Honestly, with the taller WR"s, assuming we don't go WR in the 1st rd, i think Marvin Mcnutt fits our team the best... Theres a ton of other wr's i like and think could be good for us, but a a Top 4 WR's of Nicks, Cruz, Jerrnigan, and McNutt is scary!

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="Seducer"]When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?
    [/quote]

[/quote] Honestly, with the taller WR"s, assuming we don't go WR in the 1st rd, i think Marvin Mcnutt fits our team the best... Theres a ton of other wr's i like and think could be good for us, but a a Top 4 WR's of Nicks, Cruz, Jerrnigan, and McNutt is scary!

[quote user="Seducer"]When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?
    [/quote] I'd beg to differ.....my girlfriend cooks,cleans,does my laundry & runs errands for me no matter how much of a jerk I can be.....

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Seducer"]When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?
    [/quote] I'd beg to differ.....my girlfriend cooks,cleans,does my laundry & runs errands for me no matter how much of a jerk I can be.....[/quote]

LOL

+ Reply to Thread