+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Giants needs according to ProFootballFocus

1) Guard
    2) Right tackle
    3) Slot corner (Kevin Dockery was great in this role)

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be a G or RT.

Link Giants 2012 needs

Re: Giants needs according to ProFootballFocus

[quote user="netplus"]1) Guard
    2) Right tackle
    3) Slot corner

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be an G or RT.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/[/quote]
    Yep, focus on the o-line. Forget TE and LB. I'm not saying o-line has to be the 1st pick, but at least 1 of the first 3 need to address it.

Petrus, Boothe, and Brewer could add a lot to a revamped line, but we need a little more drafted talent as well.

TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.

Veteran

i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner

[quote user="embeshAtYa"]TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.[/quote]Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft

[quote user="dayeh33"]i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner
    [/quote]
    I'd like some secondary help in the draft, but I like our secondary overall.

Improve the o-line because it has the chance to be scary bad if it's not seriously addressed.

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="embeshAtYa"]TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.[/quote]Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft
    [/quote]

Hasn't Reese already let it slip that he was looking for a TE in FA? Cowboy's TE, Bennet was brought up in the discussion...

The Giamts have gotten by with low profile TE's Boss (5th round), Pascoe (6th round SF), and Ballard (undrafted). I'm sure they'll find another one late in the draft or as a free agent signing.

Regarding slot corner....is TT quick enough to do the job? Coming off the injury I doubt it.

You may not agree with us taking a TE early, but that doesnt change the fact that TE is a HUGE need. Again, we have absolutely nobody on the roster to line up week 1 of next year.
    At other need positions we have developmental guys and some mediocre backups etc, but we have guys to at least play. At TE we have nothing,zilch, nada. Everyone is either a FA, injured, or both.

If we go OL, TE, or LB with the first pick. I'll be a happy man. All 3 for this team are vital. Reese will address every spot. In what order they address it is a non factor for me. Reese will get the best players possible.