+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayock new post combine draft rankings

Mayock new post combine draft rankings

[link]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d827642a3/article/postcombine-position-rankings-for-2012-nfl-draft[/link]

Love how Martin has leaped frogged wilson and miller.

Reuben Randle replaced by Alshon Jeffery. I agree with this.. Alshon's simply too damn phenomenal playing the ball in the air

Stunning how he's buried Devon Still out of the top 5. I guess mayock believes he's a little too inconsistent. However, if it has anything to do with still playing too high and being an average technician then that would be completely unfair as all the other top DTs in this class have that issue except for Taamu

I wonder if he's kept orson charles as the top TE with his pro day numbers in consideration

Re: Mayock new post combine draft rankings

The Martin leap didnt surprise me too much. He has had 1 of the best all around offseasons in recent memory.But my God, that is a really good top 5 RB class.

I was more shocked to see Hill vault into the top 5 WRs.

As far as Orson Charles, I remember Mayock saying he wished there were 2 categories: 1 for TEs and 1 for H-back types(he also wanted seperate categories for 34 OLB and 43 OLB). I think Mayock would argue that the top 3 TEs are all going to be valued different on each team based on the type of offense they run. Charles is the best pure H-back. Fleener likely the best end line guy and Allen the best multi-use guy.

I found it interesting that Menzie is listed as a top 5 safety. How bad is this safety class that a guy who was a decent corner but ran a bad time is now considered a top 5 safety.

Also Josh Robinson of central Florida. I mentioned this kid a while back as a sleeper. Now, according to Mayock he is a 1st round talent.

For some more rumors as well as Mayock comments see HERE.

Veteran

doug martin or go home. hes the all around package

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="BlueSanta"]The Martin leap didnt surprise me too much. He has had 1 of the best all around offseasons in recent memory.But my God, that is a really good top 5 RB class.

I was more shocked to see Hill vault into the top 5 WRs.

As far as Orson Charles, I remember Mayock saying he wished there were 2 categories: 1 for TEs and 1 for H-back types(he also wanted seperate categories for 34 OLB and 43 OLB). I think Mayock would argue that the top 3 TEs are all going to be valued different on each team based on the type of offense they run. Charles is the best pure H-back. Fleener likely the best end line guy and Allen the best multi-use guy.

I found it interesting that Menzie is listed as a top 5 safety. How bad is this safety class that a guy who was a decent corner but ran a bad time is now considered a top 5 safety.

Also Josh Robinson of central Florida. I mentioned this kid a while back as a sleeper. Now, according to Mayock he is a 1st round talent.

For some more rumors as well as Mayock comments see HERE.

[/quote] I've been saying Martin is gonna be a riser and had em as the 2nd best RB even before the combine, and i also have been raving about Fletcher Cox as a riser for quite awhile now, but there also is some surpries to me as well... I have Casey Hayward as my Number 2 CB overall, ahead of even Dre Kirkpatrick, who i've said over the past couple months, i'm just not to high on, and i love Markelle Martin as well, and can't believe he dosen't have em at least in his TOP 5 safetys... Thats actually ridiculous to me... No bobby Wagner? I dissagre there as well... I can see were both not high on Brandon Thompson, which in my opinion is a no brainer as the guy just was invisible way to often..

I don't know what to think about his DE's and OLB"s, as it seems hes got guys in the DE category who could go to a 3/4 or 4/3, and OLB's who can go to a 4/3 as a DE or a 3/4 as a OLB... So, its hard to really judge those rankings, as i don't know what his thinking was? I'm sure he realizes that guys like Nick Perry could easily go to a 3/4 team as a OLB and Mercilus to say a 4/3 team as a End.. I am happy to see him high on Mercilus none the less, becasue hes flat out awesome... Needless to say, there certainly is a bunch of guys i am in agreement with and some kinda head scratchers to me as well..

Oh i'm also happy hes got Michael Floyd as his Num 2 WR as i called Floyd the best WR last yr, with guys like Aj Green and Julio Jones, and can remember a post at the beggining of the season where i claimed Floyd was closer to Blackmon then people think.. Floyd is a sensational WR, who i think will be a 85catch 1350yrd 10td type WR... If Floyd goes to a team like the bears, and Jay Cutler, i think Floyd will possibly be offensive rookie of the yr...

If Doug Martin lasts through the first, I don't see him getting past Indy in the 2nd.

[quote user="gmen0820"]If Doug Martin lasts through the first, I don't see him getting past Indy in the 2nd.[/quote]Depends on if Fleener is still available if you ask me. It would be hard to pass up taking a good, young TE who already has chemistry with Luck.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Oh i'm also happy hes got Michael Floyd as his Num 2 WR as i called Floyd the best WR last yr, with guys like Aj Green and Julio Jones, and can remember a post at the beggining of the season where i claimed Floyd was closer to Blackmon then people think.. Floyd is a sensational WR, who i think will be a* 85catch 1350yrd 10td type WR...* If Floyd goes to a team like the bears, and Jay Cutler, i think Floyd will possibly be offensive rookie of the yr...

[/quote]

Yeah, love floyd as the best receiver in the draft. He's just as good as Blackmon in regards to his body control and coming up with the ball in jump ball situations. Arguably as good as kendall wright making things happen after the catch as well. The most polished receiver in the draft at beating press coverage consistently

hopefully with the bears going after vincent jackson maybe floyd drops into the 20s, and the giants give up a 3rd round pick to move ahead of houston to grab him.

wishful thinking though.

All-Pro

Upshaw as a DE? When the hell did he play DE? He is a great LB and will be a great 4-3 OLB. Dude is a beast.

Upshaw will be a DE in a 4-3. Or 3-4 OLB.

Far too stiff to be a 4-3 LB.

Iloka fell off the list. I thought he would, I didnt love him at the senior bowl, looked like he didnt have much range, at the combine he looked pretty stiff. I think hes more of a mid-late 3rd round pick now.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Oh i'm also happy hes got Michael Floyd as his Num 2 WR as i called Floyd the best WR last yr, with guys like Aj Green and Julio Jones, and can remember a post at the beggining of the season where i claimed Floyd was closer to Blackmon then people think.. Floyd is a sensational WR, who i think will be a 85catch 1350yrd 10td type WR... If Floyd goes to a team like the bears, and Jay Cutler, i think Floyd will possibly be offensive rookie of the yr...

[/quote] Yeah, love floyd as the best receiver in the draft. He's just as good as Blackmon in regards to his body control and coming up with the ball in jump ball situations. Arguably as good as kendall wright making things happen after the catch as well. The most polished receiver in the draft at beating press coverage consistently hopefully with the bears going after vincent jackson maybe floyd drops into the 20s, and the giants give up a 3rd round pick to move ahead of houston to grab him. wishful thinking though.[/quote] Ya, theres just to many teams that will want to get into the mix for floyd i'm afraid, to ever give us a shot.. Even Clevland with there 2nd 1st rder would grab em, or the Rams with there 2nd 1st if there to trade with CLEV, and so on and so fourth.. Floyd is so awesome ..

+ Reply to Thread