+ Reply to Thread

Hixon's new contract means adios for Manningham?

I know we have a cap issue, was Hixon's new deal driven by the fact we can't afford Manningham? Thoughts?

Re: Hixon's new contract means adios for Manningham?

We cant afford manningham regardless of signing hixon or not. We are already way over the cap. unfortunately MM is a goner.

[quote user="NYG4ME"]We cant afford manningham regardless of signing hixon or not. We are already way over the cap. unfortunately MM is a goner.
    [/quote]

+1
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.

[quote user="NYG4ME"]We cant afford manningham regardless of signing hixon or not. We are already way over the cap. unfortunately MM is a goner.
    [/quote]

This^
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.[/quote]

yea not happening. We were blessed with great WRs. The writing was on the wall as soon as Cruz exploded. It's a good thing though. We have a good thing going for us.

Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.[/quote]

yea not happening. We were blessed with great WRs. The writing was on the wall as soon as Cruz exploded. It's a good thing though. We have a good thing going for us.

[/quote]

I think Mario will do well for himself in free agency
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If he goes to the bucs, as is rumored, I wish him well. As long as he doesn't burn bridges or go to the Eagles, I'll continue to respect him. Kinda like Kevin Boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

All-Pro

it's a minimum contract, so it's not really much of an impact on the cap, but it may be a sign that they know Mario is gone and they are trying to ensure they have experienced guys going into camp<P>

really, what would be nice with Hixon is if he could be our returner ... certainly he has shown he can be a #4 type WR, but we really need help in the return game

Manningham's new contract means adios for Manningham.

Hixon's contract has nothing to do with it. Hixon got his contract because he is (was) a decent reserve receiver and a pretty good special teamer. He was getting resigned regardless of the Manningham situatuion.