+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who would you rather retain, Jacobs or Manningham?

Given the cap issue... both guys appear to be at risk of leaving the team... ... if we could keep one, who would it be?

Re: Who would you rather retain, Jacobs or Manningham?

IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

but i'd prob like to move on. Mario is gonna get a nice sized contract that we can't afford
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

but i'd prob like to move on. Mario is gonna get a nice sized contract that we can't afford
    [/quote]

My heart says Jacobs because...well its Brandon Jacobs. But realistically we couldn't even run the ball last season. It only makes sense that some heads roll for that.

On the other hand the passing game was top notch so you'd want to avoid tinkering with the support beams when it comes to that.

So if I had to choose in the best interest of the team I'd keep Rio.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

[/quote]

My heart says Jacobs because...well its Brandon Jacobs. But realistically we couldn't even run the ball last season. It only makes sense that some heads roll for that.

On the other hand the passing game was top notch so you'd want to avoid tinkering with the support beams when it comes to that.

So if I had to choose in the best interest of the team I'd keep Rio.[/quote]

Running behind our OLine would have changed anyone's stats. I'd keep Jacobs as we improve the OLine.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

[/quote]

Running behind our OLine would have changed anyone's stats. I'd keep Jacobs as we improve the OLine.
    [/quote]

^^^Absolutely THIS.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

[/quote]

Running behind our OLine would have changed anyone's stats.* I'd keep Jacobs as we improve the OLine.
    [/quote]

Ok lets take it a step further. Mario is younger and has endured much less wear and tear.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Veteran

[quote user="burier"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]IF i could keep either of them, i would rather keep JAcobs

[/quote]

Running behind our OLine would have changed anyone's stats.* I'd keep Jacobs as we improve the OLine.
    [/quote]

Ok lets take it a step further. Mario is younger and has endured much less wear and tear.[/quote]

I can't believe I agree with burier, but yeah....30 year old back vs. 26 year old WR? C'mon, man...Leave money out of the argument and it's no contest.

We have much better depth at WR than we do at RB. That said, I don't know if either will return. Jernigan will step up for Mario and Da'Rel Scott will step up for Jacobs.

For a while I thought Jacobs would take a pay cut to be on the team, but now I'm not so sure...

Veteran

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]We have much better depth at WR than we do at RB. That said, I don't know if either will return. Jernigan will step up for Mario and Da'Rel Scott will step up for Jacobs.

For a while I thought Jacobs would take a pay cut to be on the team, but now I'm not so sure...[/quote]

Really, much better depth? I mean what do Barden and Jernigan have like 100 yards between them? I think we're in uncharted territory in both positions.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]We have much better depth at WR than we do at RB. That said, I don't know if either will return. Jernigan will step up for Mario and Da'Rel Scott will step up for Jacobs.

For a while I thought Jacobs would take a pay cut to be on the team, but now I'm not so sure...[/quote]

Really, much better depth? I mean what do Barden and Jernigan have like 100 yards between them? I think we're in uncharted territory in both positions.[/quote]

seriously! We have no depth at WR. I have no reason to write Jernigan off (No reason to assume he can hold down a spot either) but Barden is 100% pure garbage.

Id make him return punts.