+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Victor Cruz: Was he our #1, #2, or #3 receiver last year?

Its a debate from THEE thread...

I say Cruz was our #2 with understanding the arguments for #1

Daven says Cruz was #3, here is his debate:

"Win at what being wrong? everyone knows that Cruz was the #3 for most of the year last year...

are you really that dumb to think that just because he put up numbers that makes him the #2?

the
    X vs Y vs Z position (which is what we are talking about when you say
    #1/2/3) is determined more by the receivers physical abilities more so
    then the actual production you get."

------

EDIT: And another thing: Who do you think had more plays played for us
    this year CRUZ or Mario. Who do u think had more snaps. Or rather Snaps
    per game average since Mario was hurt for a little bit (just to be fair)
    ---------

What do you guys say?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

Re: Victor Cruz: Was he our #1, #2, or #3 receiver last year?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its a debate from THEE thread...

"Win at what being wrong? everyone knows that Cruz was the #3 for most of the year last year...

are you really that dumb to think that just because he put up numbers that makes him the #2?

the

------

What do you guys say?
    [/quote]

Interestingly enough, I can see him being x, y, or z. He has a very unique skill set. He can run the deep route, beat double coverage, and has big play capability. He has good hands and body control and fits as a nice possession receiver and in the slot, he's not afraid to go across the middle, acts as a good safety net when he isn't the first look. I think that's why the Giants moved him around so much throughout the season.

I think 1, 2, or 3 is more of an informal way to label who our best receiver is. Who's the most consistent and high-performing at any given time.

It's true that for the first third of the season, #80 was really only playing because other guys got injured.

But I think the relevant question isn't "Who was our #1 all last year?"
    but rather, "Who IS our #1 right now?" (that is, who FINISHED the season #1)

I think that although Nicks made Cruz better (and vice versa), Eli had tons of confidence in Cruz toward the end, and especially during the playoffs.

Cruz = #1 (At this moment in time)
    Manslaughter is easier to convict (and sentence) than murder. Instant replay still gets it wrong sometimes. Peace and love to all the fans of all the teams. We're all fans, and we love OUR team.

[quote user="NYGinIN"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its a debate from THEE thread...

the

------

What do you guys say?
    [/quote]

Interestingly enough, I can see him being x, y, or z. He has a very unique skill set. He can run the deep route, beat double coverage, and has big play capability. He has good hands and body control and fits as a nice possession receiver and in the slot, he's not afraid to go across the middle, acts as a good safety net when he isn't the first look. I think that's why the Giants moved him around so much throughout the season.[/quote]

im not trying to sway your argument, im just curious

so you attribute X-Y-Z as who the #1, #2, and #3 WRs are at all times?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its a debate from THEE thread...

the

------

What do you guys say?
    [/quote]Well when the Giants ran 2 wr sets it was mostly Nicks and Cruz. Just because Cruz played the slot a lot doesnt mean hes number 3.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its a debate from THEE thread...

the

------

What do you guys say?
    [/quote]Well when the Giants ran 2 wr sets it was mostly Nicks and Cruz. Just because Cruz played the slot a lot doesnt mean hes number 3.
    [/quote]

well daven is disputing that, he said 2 WR sets were mostly Mario and Nicks

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I think 1, 2, or 3 is more of an informal way to label who our best receiver is.* Who's the most consistent and high-performing at any given time.

It's true that for the first third of the season, #80 was really only playing because other guys got injured.*

But I think the relevant question isn't "Who was our #1 all last year?"
    *** but rather, "Who IS our #1 right now?"* (that is, who FINISHED the season #1)

I think that although Nicks made Cruz better (and vice versa), Eli had tons of confidence in Cruz toward the end, and especially during the playoffs.

Cruz =* #1****** (At this moment in time)
    [/quote]

Your argument suggest Nicks should be our #1 then since he had the most receiving yards and tied for most TD receptions this post-season.

I felt Nicks has been our #1 all season though

Edit- and for this argument, I look at who is getting targeted more. According to espn stats, Nicks and Cruz were targeted about 130 times each, both having around 80+ catches, while manningham was targeted only 70+ times with 38 receptions.

[link]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/qualified/false[/link]
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I don't think you can say if a guy is a 1-2-3 based on where he lines up in the formation. Take Smith when he was still here. He was definitely our 1 or 2, but lined up in the slot in most 3-wide situations, very much like Cruz. X-Y-Z is just where you line up, not your position on the depth chart.

I'd say Nicks is our 1, Cruz our 2 (despite that he lines up in the slot frequently), and MM our 3 (despite he frequently lines up on the outside). I think the snap counts will bear that out (after adjusting for injury).

EDIT: And another thing: Who do you think had more plays played for us this year CRUZ or Mario. Who do u think had more snaps. Or rather Snaps per game average since Mario was hurt for a little bit (just to be fair)

All-Pro

all of the above