+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Looks like Blackurn Won't be Back

i was really hoping we could bring him back, probably letting go of him once again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hase-blackburn

Re: Looks like Blackurn Won't be Back

[quote user="b-shaw44"]i was really hoping we could bring him back, probably letting go of him once again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hase-blackburn[/quote]
    I don't understand this. Goff is terrible. Blackburn was a major reason we won the Superbowl. Goff is another Gerris Wilkerson.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="b-shaw44"]i was really hoping we could bring him back, probably letting go of him once again.

I don't understand this. Goff is terrible. Blackburn was a major reason we won the Superbowl. Goff is another Gerris Wilkerson.[/quote]

Goff had the second most stops for a loss in 2010 on the Giants and was in the top 5 in the league that year in that regard.

Chase Blackburn is going to be a fan favorite but he isn't remotely as good as Goff is as a starting LBer (injury aside).

Tyree was a major reason we won the Super Bowl in 2007 ... you didn't see him back the following year either did you?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Damn. There goes the playoffs

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="b-shaw44"]i was really hoping we could bring him back, probably letting go of him once again. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hase-blackburn[/quote] I don't understand this. Goff is terrible. Blackburn was a major reason we won the Superbowl. Goff is another Gerris Wilkerson.[/quote] Goff had the second most stops for a loss in 2010 on the Giants and was in the top 5 in the league that year in that regard. Chase Blackburn is going to be a fan favorite but he isn't remotely as good as Goff is as a starting LBer (injury aside). Tyree was a major reason we won the Super Bowl in 2007 ... you didn't see him back the following year either did you?[/quote]

+1

You have to loveChase if you're a Giants fan, but Goff is the better player (assuming he is healthy of course)AND still has upside.

The BR (BS) report is telling nothing we dont already know. This article has nothing new.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="b-shaw44"]i was really hoping we could bring him back, probably letting go of him once again.

I don't understand this. Goff is terrible. Blackburn was a major reason we won the Superbowl. Goff is another Gerris Wilkerson.[/quote]

Goff had the second most stops for a loss in 2010 on the Giants and was in the top 5 in the league that year in that regard.

Chase Blackburn is going to be a fan favorite but he isn't remotely as good as Goff is as a starting LBer (injury aside).

Tyree was a major reason we won the Super Bowl in 2007 ... you didn't see him back the following year either did you?[/quote]

Blackburn contributed a lot more than Tyree did in games besides the Superbowl.

Goff is better than blackburn & goff is average......let's stop settling for scraps at LB......our standards have dropped at LB,We have great talent at everyother position....

Lets be honest and bring to light the real reason for this type of move.......Goff will be cheaper, so that is why the FO will go with him. For all we know he could come back next year and suffer another season ending injury in the first 3 games.......or just suck because he is trying to come back from this injury. Goff has more potetial yes, more athletic...possibly. Better all around player and team mate......I don't think so......and thats where this conversation ends....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Lets be honest and bring to light the real reason for this type of move.......Goff will be cheaper, so that is why the FO will go with him. For all we know he could come back next year and suffer another season ending injury in the first 3 games.......or just suck because he is trying to come back from this injury. Goff has more potetial yes, more athletic...possibly. Better all around player and team mate......I don't think so......and thats where this conversation ends....[/quote] I also have a feeling FO knows we have to add more LB depth through the draft & if blackburn sticks around things will be crowded.....but on the other hand,Jones has shown zero as MLB depth.....and I'd say sintim is gone....we don't exactly have the best LBs....