+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

I fear this bounty investigation could become league wide

i don't see this investigation being limited toGreg Williams, since i believe from everything i'm hearing that most,if not, all teams did these "side bets" which kinda annoys me, because where is this going to end ... i don't want our players/coaches being asked questions about what went on in our Super Bowl winning locker room ... i could just see "former Giant reveals locker room bets" ... i hope they just make an example out of the Saints and Williams and re-emphasize the existing policy or enhance that policy

Re: I fear this bounty investigation could become league wide

And how can it effect the Giants.

All-Pro

[quote user="Diamondring"]And how can it effect the Giants.[/quote]</P>

well now every media pig and every bloggeris going to try to find more snitches ... the Saints were not the only team doing these bets and what would be a better story ... champs locker room had similar bets&lt;P&gt;</P>

this better go away quickly !!!</P>

Its not really the bets between players that the nfl is upset about, its the bets to injure other players and the coaching staff knowing about it. There is a huge difference (at least to me) for player to give another player money for each sack he gets in a game or an interception (which occurs) Vs a player getting payed for knocking someone out of a game.

depends how they knock em out

cheap shot diving at the legs - thats scumbag stuff

giving a guy like Boley a pot of money becuase he cracked Romo's collarbone on a nasty clean hit - im okay with that
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

The Saints are in trouble now because they were warned about it in the past, but the issues persisted. The problem with the Saints in the first place is their system was organized, transparent in they used cash from fines, and it was explicitly malicious in nature. Also, a coach was involved, with Payton and the GM at least knowing.

Minor incentives probably exist on every team, but are kept rather informal amongst teammates and clouded through dinners/electronics/gifts rather than the exchanging of cash.

As of now, I can't even see other teams like Redskins or Titans be punished for what went on when Williams coached there.

I don't fear this bounty investigation.

I don't have any affiliation to the NFL.

And I am sure the giants are fine.

All-Pro

[quote user="manning2burress"]Its not really the bets between players that the nfl is upset about, its the bets to injure other players and the coaching staff knowing about it. There is a huge difference (at least to me) for player to give another player money for each sack he gets in a game or an interception (which occurs) Vs a player getting payed for knocking someone out of a game.[/quote]</P>

oh i agree, but i think that line is already getting blurred ... let's put it this way, they are not going to be looking into locker rooms of 4-12 teams ... if they decide to poke around elsewhere, well where might they look? ... Giants, Steelers, 49ers, Packers, Ravens... i'm just worried it could involve more teams and our Championship will make people go, hmmm i wonder if the Giants had anything like that going on?</P>

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]

[quote user="Diamondring"]And how can it effect the Giants.[/quote]</p>

well now every media pig and every bloggeris going to try to find more snitches ... the Saints were not the only team doing these bets and what would be a better story ... champs locker room had similar bets&lt;P&gt;</p>

this better go away quickly !!!</p>[/quote]I think we'll be okay actually. The reason why the Saints will be hammered is because coaches and the GM were part of it.

Could you imagine TC telling our players to intentionally injure someone? Coughlin's not that kind of guy. Same thing with Perry fewell. Our D played so soft half the time, it looked like they were shying away from contact.

Yeah people could say how we knocked out 7 QB's last season. But every one of those hits were clean and legal, even to this flag football league.

What the Saints were doing to Favre and Warner was dirty.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]depends how they knock em out

cheap shot diving at the legs - thats scumbag stuff

giving a guy like Boley a pot of money becuase he cracked Romo's collarbone on a nasty clean hit - im okay with that
    [/quote]</P>

i'm ok with it too, but we are true, real, football fans ... we understand what we are watching out there ... casual and non-fans might not get it and would look at it as barbaric behavior ... watching Mike and Mike this morning ... you could see the blank look in Greenys eyes, he didn't get it ... i think there are a lot like him out there&lt;P&gt;</P>

big hits draw bigger OOOs and AHHsthan TDs many times, it's part of the sport, when Romo was hit hard and laid out ... i felt like , YEAH BABY , we got to you !!now will you have happy feet in the pocket?, now will you shrink under the pressure? ... naturally, when i found out he wasn't simply hurt, but injured ... well you don't wanna see that, but it's part of the game&lt;P&gt;</P>

you have Brandon Jacobs saying we decapitated them ... you had all the talk about how you kill a snake by going for the head ... if our guys keep the code and say, no i don't know anything about anything great ... but in these times ... hell, an x-players girlfriend could tweet ... we had a great dinner the week Michael Boley hurt Tony Romo ... just hope it goes away quickly ...</P>