+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft prospects you hate?

Re: Draft prospects you hate?

Seems most of my dislikes have already been mentioned (Hightower, Burfict, Brown, Jeffery) but there is one thing that I don't agree with the majority and that is the Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen comparisons. I just get the vibe that a lot of people write off Allen because he is shorter and didn't perform as many deep routes as Fleener but I don't think people give Allen a fair shake. Allen didn't have nearly as great of a QB throwing him the ball and also wasn't asked to do deep routes much because of Sammy Watkins being on his team. Not that I think Allen is an all around superior prospect compared to Fleener but it's a lot closer than I think people believe.

I personally dont compare Allen and Fleener because they are different types of TEs.

Allen is a move TE, Fleener (eventually when he gets bigger) will be an inline TE>

allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better

im personally starting turn around on dwayne allen. just finished watching his oustanding 4th qtr against wake forest. poor mans jermichael finley as a receiver imho

Hate:

Zebrie Sanders- A softer Will beatty if you ask me. strictly finesse.

David Wilson- I hate 1st round RBs

Dwayne Allen- Too short and not enough speed to REALLY be a mismatch

Coby Fleener- just as far as first round. I hate the idea of a TE in the first.

Kelechi Osemele (spell check)- Just rubs me wrong.

Love:

Cordy Glenn- Honestly my dream pick.

Quinton Coples- for a "bad year" he still put up good numbers. not to mention UNC wasn't a team that had much to look forward to last year so I could understand why the fire wasn't there. he more than proved his ability in the senior bowl.

Stephen Hill- Kid has all the tools all he needs is the coach and chance.

Stephon Gilmore- Honestly he's a faster Al Harris.

Zach Brown- He might not fit what is typically requested for a LB but he is the prototype new NFL LB. Athletic, fast, can cover.

Other than Burfict, Brown and Jefferey already mentioned.

Was never high on Iloka like others here.

Don't care for Jerel Worthy.

[quote user="nevada11"]allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better[/quote]I don't know about all this. Allen > Ford and it's not even really close. Brandon Ford has potential at TE, but he's not on Dwayne Allen's level.

[quote user="Neverend"]im personally starting turn around on dwayne allen. just finished watching his oustanding 4th qtr against wake forest. poor mans jermichael finley as a receiver imho[/quote]Not to take anything away from Allen but DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins really opened things up for him. Dwayne Allen is a great TE though and has got some really good hands as well.

[quote user="nevada11"]that everyone loves

Nick perry - one trick pony

kalil - average run blocker. NOT a lock as a prennial pro bowler

thompson - I've never seen him dominate a game?

barron - overrated

hightower - STOP MOCKING HIM TO THE GIANTS!!

I'm not saying these players will bust.. just sayin.. i dislike em compared to others[/quote]

Hahaha.. Yeah, the 2 leaders and leading tacklers of what many considered one of the greatest defenses of all time are overrated.

In Barron's first year as a starter he ranked 8th in the country in INTs and 6th in passes defended. He was 2nd on a team loaded with future NFL players in tackles (led the team his jr year I think). He ranked 5th in school history in INT return yards. He was a 5 star out of high school as an athlete. Many thought he could have been an All Star at RB or WR as well.

I'm guessing you've never watched Alabama play and just randomly picked these guys. I watch any SEC game I can find and both of these guys jump off the screen. Just say you don't like them, calling Barron overrated at this point in his career is full ******. Maybe he's a bust in the NFL, but he's ranked exactly where he should be. And I'll mock whoever the f*ck I want to to the Giants.

[quote user="nevada11"]allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better[/quote]

I guess Clemson just likes a challenge then because Allen started ahead of him. Either way, why does that matter? Ford is not in this draft, Allen is.

+ Reply to Thread